This webpage has a redirect loop !!

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 11 months ago #111288

Hi
In some cases (not all) after registration on Hikashop (inside Hikashop checkout process), the user cant get back on the checkout page from email the return URL from email is : www.almond-design.com/products/checkout/step/step-0
the browser returns this error: The webpage at www.almond-design.com/products/checkout/step/step-0 has resulted in too many redirects.

It is apparently something to do with cookies or session because after deleting cookies in browser it works.
I really don't want to switch to another shopping cart, can you help me fix this problem ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13138
10 years 11 months ago #111413

Hi,

That was already reported by someone else and it only happens in some special cases. We've modified the checkout to cope with that. We've just released a new version of HikaShop that contains the fix (among lots of other things) and I invite you to update and that should help: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ashop-changelog.html

If you still have the problem after the update, then maybe it's another issue than the one reported a few weeks ago and we'll have to have more information about how you configured your checkout to help you. In such case, please provide a screenshot of the checkout tab of the configuration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: hodany

10 years 11 months ago #111418

I dug more into the problem and noticed some points which may help:
when a user is registered, Hikashop notices that the user do not need login step. so it redirect to next step. afterwards at next step it checks whether user is registered and authorized to continue the check out , at this point hikashop realizes that the user is not a registered user thus redirects him again to login page, and this way the redirect loop occurs.
My guess is that because joomla uses database for handling sessions in case of database server's low performance due to high traffic or something, redirect happens before processing cookies . Is there any timeout set for processing session ? I mean is there a False return after a specified period of time before actually session queries are executed ?

• Thank you received: 13138
10 years 11 months ago #111426

I don't think that it comes from that but if you have any doubt you can change the session handler in the joomla configuration so that it doesn't use the database anymore.

The following user(s) said Thank You: hodany

10 years 11 months ago #111635

I disabled Joomla database session handling and until the time of writing this, I have seen no problem .I will post here if another case happens.

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by hodany.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds