Shipping amount not displayed after 2.2 upgrade

• Thank you received: 18
10 years 11 months ago #111448

There appears to be a bug recently introduced that causes the shipping amount not to be displayed. The shipping amount is included in the total price, it's just not being displayed in Checkout in all instances.

Background:
We have a manual shipping method for "local pickup" with no cost associated. When selected the shipping amount "0.00" is displayed as expected.

We also have calculated shipping methods for UPS, USPS, and FedEx. When the shipping method chosen is anything other than zero, the shipping amount isn't displayed. I've confirmed it's not a CSS issue, checking in Firebug, the amount isn't even being output.

Once discovered, I went to an older / development installation that displayed shipping amounts properly, upgraded it to 2.2.0, refreshed the checkout and the shipping was no longer being displayed.

Shipping display appears to be working as expected on your demo site, so there may be some other factors to recreate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13138
10 years 11 months ago #111486

Hi,

Did you edited a view file of the checkout via the menu Display->Views ? That could potentially explain the issue with the upgrade.
It could potentially also be a user session caching issue, so make sure that you clear your user session (logout/login of the frontend).
If that doesn't help, could you please provide more information in order to reproduce the problem ? Could you do some screenshots of the checkout tab of the configuration and give a link to the shop with the issue so that we can see the issue ?

• Thank you received: 18
10 years 11 months ago #111501

PM sent with details

10 years 11 months ago #111543

Thank you for the access.
I've modified the view on your end so that the shipping price displays properly on the cart.
I've added the fix on our end too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: csymmonds

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 11 months ago #111601

So Nicholas
what is the fix because I have the same
problem?
rgds
emmdee

10 years 11 months ago #111615

Download again the latest version on our website and install it on yours.

10 years 9 months ago #120004

Dear Nicolas,

We have the latest version, but the the shipping price doesn't get displayed. I updated the site yesterday with the com_hikashop_business_2.2.0_2013-08-21.zip. Can you please share the details in order to try to fix this?

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by otx. Reason: more details

10 years 9 months ago #120007

That's because you have edited the file "cart" or "shipping" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display>Views and that we completely changed the shipping methods handling for the new version of HikaShop.
So you'll have to delete your customizations via the menu Display>Views's "remove customization" icon for these view files and then reapply your modifications to the new version of the view files and it will display again.

10 years 9 months ago #120022

Yes, we had to, because there is a bug in there. We don't use taxes for shipping, yet the shipping amount is still displayed with taxes, even if the tax doesn't gets added to the final amount. Completely nonsense :) In the settings we have disabled the 'Detailed tax display'.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 9 months ago #120047

Hi,
If you don't use tax for shipping, I think that you should just set the "Product tax category" option to NONE, through your shipping configuration screen.
Hope this will help you a little.

10 years 9 months ago #120049

HI,

It's on NONE, but still we have a row with the shipping amount without the taxes, and below again the shipping amount with the taxes... Fortunately the row with the taxes doesn't get added to the final amount. I have "fixed" this with deleting the row with the taxes from the views.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds