Hikashop Social plugin not working

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 9 months ago #19859

Test link: Test Link

Trying to get the Hikashop Social plugin to work. Instead of seeing any Twitter follow links, I see: "{hikashop_social}" under the product title.

I confirmed the plugin is enabled. Not really sure what else to check... HikaShop version 1.5.1 / Joomla 1.5.23

Like my work? Click here to donate.

Your support is appreciated and helps keep me motivated to continue writing code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 9 months ago #19863

Please go in the plugins manager of joomla, edit the options of the plugin and save them.

12 years 9 months ago #19953

No luck. Same behavior.

Your support is appreciated and helps keep me motivated to continue writing code.

12 years 9 months ago #19969

Please update to HikaShop 1.5.2
The Starter edition can be downloaded on that page: www.hikashop.com/en/download.html
The commercial editions install package can be downloaded on your order details page that you can access via the menu Your account->Your orders while logged in on our website.

12 years 9 months ago #21088

Just wanted to follow up. A straight upgrade did not work to resolve this issue. I had to remove the Hikashop Social Plugin then re-install 1.5.2 in order to get the social plugin to work. Problem solved.

12 years 9 months ago #21096

That can happen if the permissions on the plugins folders do not allow the joomla installer to update the plugins files.

• Thank you received: 17
12 years 8 months ago #23379

I have upgrade to 1.5.3, and decided to use the social networking plugin, but having the problem of the icons not showing. I enabled it, I uninstalled it, I reinstalled hikashop (it said hikashop socail plugin installed) enabled it again but still no joy :(

12 years 8 months ago #23381

If you had edited the file show of the view product, it's normal that it's not working as we had to do modifications in that view in order to add that feature. In that case, you will have to delete the customization of that file via the delete icon of the file in Display->Views and then reapply your modifications to the new version of the view.

12 years 8 months ago #23387

That did the job for showign the icons thanks, but they seem slightly broken as below

12 years 8 months ago #23388

It's probably because you edited the hikashop CSS file and thus you didn't get the new CSS needed for the social plugin.
You would have to copy your CSS modifications from your custom front end CSS file to the default front end CSS file in the Display tab of the configuration.

12 years 8 months ago #23390

Thanks, I was being silly, in this case I have copied the new css from the social css to my defalt file and all is good !

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by rikatos.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #27486

I've had no issues with displaying this, but when I click the +1 for google Plus, it goes to a red version with a !, what does that mean? If I click on the red icon I get a small window open with nothing in it.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #27487

bluetonguedesigns wrote:

I've had no issues with displaying this, but when I click the +1 for google Plus, it goes to a red version with a !, what does that mean? If I click on the red icon I get a small window open with nothing in it.

I did another test, it does actually go Blue initially and say that I have publicly +1'd it. But then it goes red etc.

12 years 6 months ago #27494

A +1 button error can occur for a variety of reasons, including the following:

* Server timeout: Check your Internet connection and try refreshing the page.
* Suspended profile: If your profile has been suspended, you won't be able to +1 content.
* Apps user: Google profiles aren't available for Apps accounts, so you won't be able to use the +1 button.
* Blocked cookies: If you've disabled 3rd party cookies in your browser you won't be able to use the +1 button.
* Your website is not reachable: If you have an htaccess in place blocking everyone to access your website, Google will also not be able to access it.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds