Business upgrade and Akeeba conflict

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #35759

Hi

Have just tried to upgrade to business hikashop problem is can not get pass Akeeba process.

Keep getting the following error message:

The backup operation has been halted because an error was detected.
The last error message was:

AJAX Loading Error
HTTP Status: 500 (Internal Server Error)
Internal status: error
XHR ReadyState: 4
Raw server response

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 3 months ago #35766

Hi,

The backup of Akeeba comes before the install of HikaShop by Joomla so it's really a problem between Akeeba and your server settings.
Here is a thread on the Akeeba forum about that problem: www.akeebabackup.com/support/forum/suppo...mit/50/offset/0.html
You should follow the advices there.

12 years 3 months ago #35825

Hi

Have now managed to upgrade...

Found the easiest solution was to do an Akeeba backup, then install using standard Joomla option at the bottom of the Extension Manager page...

Thanks

12 years 3 months ago #35837

Hi

Not plain sailing...

Showing error with menus, first dismissed it as nothing obvious showing... but now find half a menu has disappeared...

Before upgrade also updated to latest version of Joomla, so not sure what caused conflict...

Will reinstall backup and have another go...

12 years 3 months ago #35897

Have reinstalled backup, have latest Joomla! 1.7.3 Stable release

Now when installing Hikashop getting: Error building Admin Menus

Thanks

12 years 3 months ago #35944

Hi

I have a live site and a duplicate on testing webspace, same server different accounts...

Now the gremlins have come into play I have restored the live site to the original free hikashop version, and am now only implementing major changes on the testing server working from a duplicated copy of the live site...

I have upgraded hikashop on the testing server to the business version and can not see any obvious errors in the menus... even though I get the menu error warning on installation...

As both sites started off as mirrors of each other, and the testing one is working, what would happen in the worst case scenario if I implemented the update on the live site... can I always recover if I backup... if it is a bug will future Joomla and Hikashop releases eventually correct the situation...

Fully appreciate that the problems may not be down to hikashop software, with computing many factors can come into play...

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 3 months ago #35947

That Error building Admin Menus is a common error when you uninstall an extension on joomla 1.7 and then reinstall it. You can find a possible solution here:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2698581...d97d14b913f#p2698581

12 years 3 months ago #36007

Followed above link and now sorted... :)

This was the solution I used...

The long story short: Joomla! has now entered all backend items in the table #__menu. For some reason, there is an entry with ID 1 that is Menu_Item_Root. If this doesn't exist for some reason (some quickstarts of Joomlart for example don't have it), the API of Joomla! brings that error."

How to solve? Open your phpMyAdmin and execute the following query, by renaming #__menu with your actual prefix (i.e. "jos_menu"):

INSERT INTO `#__menu`
VALUES ( 1, '', 'Menu_Item_Root', 'root', '', '', '', '', 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, '', 0, '', 0, 281, 0, '*', 0 ) ;

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds