Ajax problem with SEF 403 error and more

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #37847

Hi,

Whenever I setup "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" to Yes, two things happen:

1st: It does not do anything when I click add to cart. If I open Chrome's inspector, it says I am getting a 403 error.
If I turn off SEF, it will add the item to the cart, but then I get into a second problem.

2nd: There is no pop up window when I add something to the cart. I've changed "Notice popup display time" up and down with no luck.

The only other components running on the site are Mosets Tree, AcyMailing, Akeeba, JoomFish! and FPSS.

I have looked through the forum and the only answers to similar questions were that there was a directory that crashed with SEF and some other components messing with it. Neither look like our problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #38007

Hi,

If you set the option "After a product is added to the cart" to "stay and display a popup notice", you should get the popup notice after adding a product to the cart regardless of that "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" option.

Did you activate it ?

Could you give a link to a product page with that problem so that we can see the javascript error ?

12 years 2 months ago #38015

Ok, now I've updated it to show the pop up and now I see the error (Forbiden) in a popup.

goo.gl/gc2ma

Ajax seems to be working fine as the pop up for image viewing is working.

12 years 2 months ago #38100

Hi,

The problem seems to be in your template.
The popup uses the link:
www.ovide.com/es/ventas/categorias-h/che...otice/tmpl-component
The /tmpl-component part of the URL tells joomla to use the component.php file of the template instead of the index.php file of the template so that only the main area is displayed. If you remove that part of the URL, you will see the same page inside the template. So the URL becomes:
www.ovide.com/es/ventas/categorias-h/checkout/notice
As you can see, it displays the popup notice inside the template.

So in conclusion, there seems to be a problem with the component.php file of the template. I don't know why though.
I suppose that if you use another template it works correctly right ?

12 years 2 months ago #38161

Hi,

I've tried three different templates besides the one we're using (Youmania): beez, JA_Purity and rhuk_milkyway

And I always get the same error message: "You don't have permission to access /es/ventas/categorias-h/checkout/notice/tmpl-component on this server."

I am completely lost

12 years 2 months ago #38266

Mmmm, then it must be something else creating the problem.
Did you install plugins ? or did you modify the default htaccess to add security checks ?

12 years 2 months ago #38319

No special plugins. I did modify the htaccess, but just to redirect different domains to our main domain and 301 redirects for old contents.

I found that if I turn SEF off, it works.

12 years 2 months ago #38430

So maybe there really is a problem with the htaccess ?

I don't have other ideas. Even with SEF turned on, it works on other websites. So there must be something outside of HikaShop which does that on your website when SEF is turned on.

12 years 2 months ago #38724

Hi,

Just fixed it. Our ISP was running a security module that prevented this from working fine. It works now, but now something different happens: when adding an item to the cart, the Euro symbol in the cart module is changed for strange symbols (€). If I reload the page, it comes back to the € symbol.

Any idea of what's wrong?

12 years 2 months ago #38903

That's because of the charset set by your server.

If you turn off the option "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" in the configuration of HikaShop, the cart module won't be loaded in ajax and you should not have that problem.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds