product page from module uses incorrect template

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 2 months ago #39942

I have a couple of different templates set up, including one that i have set up for the home page of our website and one for a facebook page that i am currently creating.

The home page template style is assigned to the home page only.
The facebook template style is assinged to the facebook page only.
the default master template sytle is assigned to every other page.

All the products when accessed from the menu, show up fine using the normal master template.
However, I have a latest products module on the home page which shows random products and when you click on the product it shows the product as if it was applied to the facebook template style.

The link when using the menu and normal category links show this at the end

.../index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=1533&name=snowboard-trousers-unisex-l&Itemid=262&category_pathway=0
Which is correct

but when using the "latest product" hikashop module on the home page and clicking on the products it takes me to the product page but uses this link.
.../index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=1533&name=snowboard-trousers-unisex-l&category_pathway=0
which is not correct.

So its missing the "&itemid=262" part in the url.

What could be the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #40124

Hi,

In the hikashop options of your module (you can access them via the menu Display->Content modules), you have an option "menu" where you should set your hikashop product/category listing menu. That way, the links on the module will use the same Itemid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds