Paypal Issue with Business edition

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #40508

Hi, I have had no issues prior to this. I have setup the business edition like the free edition, paypal option comes up, and when I checkout, I head off to paypal like usual.

I login to make the test payment.

It shows me the proper name of the person I am paying. I click make payment and I get this...

Is it in the cart, or paypals end?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #40509

I meant to also say, this is not quite temporary, as we have been trying this for a few days now.

Cheers

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #40684

That comes from PayPal's end. Please contact the PayPal support in order to see with them why you have the problem.

12 years 2 months ago #41072

Sadly, Paypals support really does suck.

After talking to two people in Customer service and being told they cannot help me, fill in a form at blah blah address, only they can help. Then filling in the form and being told no, only customer service can help. I am well and truly screwed.

Are there any settings in a Paypal "Business" account that need setting to allow payments that anyone can think of? I have an angry client, Paypal who appear to be unwilling to find me someone we can help, and a desire to sort this out somehow.

Searching the net only finds me an issue from 12 months ago that they fixed back then.

This is the first Paypal "Business" type account I have used, never had an issue with any of my other clients at all.

12 years 2 months ago #41074

The only infos I found on the net was the same one as you.
There is nothing we can do on our end.

You could try to post on paypal's developers forum:
www.x.com/developers/paypal/forums

maybe you'll get a faster answer...

12 years 2 months ago #41075

I have posted.

It is very weird. Only thing I can think of is some setting within his "Business" Paypal account, but I cannot even log into that properly right now. I login, click on his profile option and paypal gives some weird error.

12 years 2 months ago #41105

Nicolas.

(I have never had to, but...)

Does Hika shop need access to paypals API system at all? I'm still waiting for an answer from Paypal, but this is the first "Business" level paypal account I have had to work with and it seems to have so many settings for shopping cart integration etc.

Has anyone else used Hika with a Business level paypal account, if so, did you have to make any changes to get it to work?

12 years 2 months ago #41109

Just a thought, if this "Business" account has API access, would that mean I need to use PaypaL PRO plugin instead. Does this need an SSL certificate or is that still handled by Paypal?

(I have not setup the API credentials as yet, but just a thought?)

12 years 1 month ago #41222

You don't need anything specific for Business accounts. We have a Business account for our own website and it works great.

You could try to use the PayPal Pro plugin. That might circumvent the problem but yes, you will need a SSL certificate (it will work without so you can test it out without, but legally, you should have one).

12 years 1 month ago #41320

Sorted!!

Would you believe it was all because the client had never confirmed his EMAIL ADDRESS with Paypal!!

Considering all the hoops you jump through setting a Business Account up, unbelievable.

Thanks again for your help Nicolas

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds