Options thumbnails and filter

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #41308

Hello,

I'was about to open a new production site ( www.culcoo.com ) but I'm detecting some issues just now.

In the public site, when an anonimous user adds a product to the cart, the price is updated in the moment but the quantity dissapears and returns to say "Empty cart". With registered users works fine.[SOLVED] This was generated by Joomla! I change the progresive cache by the conservative one and, now, works.

Also, I wolud like to know if the main price may be updated as I add characteristics when I add options (see, as example, www.culcoo.com/cestas/181-culcoo-bienven.../category_pathway-18 - I've left the page open for consulting). I've seen that there is other way to show the mount of the options via hikashop_product_price_with_options_main but this isn't work for the characteristics.

Can I show the thumbnails of the options or a link with the modal class to the image of each option in the show_default product page? (Like in the checkout view)

I'm being careful modifying the code to avoid breaking the structure because and don't know it at all, so, excuse me about the mount of questions...

The last one is about th filtering module. How can I show the filter in the categories and hide it in the product page?

Again, excuse me about the asking attack and my poor english (hope all was clear)

Best Regards,

Carlos Nieto

For more information, recently I updated to Joomla! 2.5.1 and I'm working with the last bussines version of hikashop. Extra plugins and components on my system: Breezing Forms, Akeeba Buckups, System JQuery Easy and Mobile Joomla! (all these components have been working fine until now)

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by gengeru.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #41453

The main price only changes for characteristics.
The hikashop_product_price_with_options_main on the other end changes when you select options and/or characteristics. I looked at your website and that's working fine. So I don't see what it the problem with that ?

Displaying the images of the options, would require first to load the image information of each options from the database. It's possible to do it in the view but not easy if you don't know well programming.

You should not use the filtering module and only use the filters on the products listing then. Otherwise, that would require that you edit your template so that you only display the position of the filter module when not on the product page by checking the $_GET parameters.

The following user(s) said Thank You: gengeru

12 years 1 month ago #41463

Thanks for your reply,

I supposed that; my goal was to get changes in the main price for options too. But that is a minor problem.

I've assumed to make some changes in the view but I get some doubts to do it because don't know the structure of the code. I will try it in my local and hope you don't mind if I raise some issues. I understand you are involved, among a project like this, to get the answers for a lot of questions so don't have problem to ignore this.

Other question, What about with the characteristics? When I tried to load some characteristics(6 in example) with 2 or 3 options each one I've found that there are hundreds of possible combinations and is very cumbersome to enter the prices for each characteristic. Is there other way to do that? (I have a product that generates 432 queries...).

I really thank you for your help, indeed.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #41611

Indeed the characteristics are meant to be used when you want a price for each variation of the product or when you handle the stock for each variation.
Thus, you should not use them if you don't need that and you should instead use options or custom item fields (or combination of all three possibilities). With options, you only have to enter the price once.

12 years 1 month ago #41630

Ok, I think I can design my products funcionalities in that way. As you say, It isn't logical to use the shop features in the way that they are not design for.

Thank's again and let me congratulate you on your application. I'll be back with oder cuestions but hope not too soon :-)

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds