Most of the time PAYPAL fails

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #45487

First of all, I should thank you for this wonderful extension. Before a month ago, I was using Virtuemart which is heavy. So, I looked an alternate component in JED but nothing is better than yours. I'm using the free version in my live site. I like to move with the Business plan If the following issue is solved.

Issue :

I'm using Hikashop Paypal Plugin. The issue is that some users are able to pay successfully with the component and at the meantime some users can't. They complain me that the error code was 'Please try using a Valid Credit card(even if they try with the valid card)' or 'Please try using using a different payment method'. I have made the Address Override to No. Hope, you should have idea...Kindly help me!!!.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Vinoth Kumar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
12 years 1 month ago #45492

I don't think that this is related to HikaShop.
Isn't the problem that PayPal does not accept some credit card types ?
PayPal only accepts:
Visa / Delta / Electron
MasterCard / Eurocard
PayPal Top Up Card
Maestro
American Express

And not in all the countries.

12 years 1 month ago #45496

Dear Nocolas,

Thanks for your quick reply. But my doubt is, One of my client told that he is able to purchase some other products in online using the same credit card. Also, I haven't faced such an issue with Virtuemart but after I have changed to Hikashop, I've got three complaints in just 20 days which lead me to start this topic...

Thanks

12 years 1 month ago #45497

Your extension is good and only issue is with Paypal payment system. I have also tried Tienda which is buggy but the Paypal payment system works fine in Tienda...

12 years 1 month ago #45498

We have the same integration to PayPal than VirtueMart. I don't see how that would be different.
HikaShop is not involved in the verification of the credit card information on PayPal's website.

If the credit card is not accepted by PayPal, it can come from several things:
The credit card type is not accepted
The credit card is coming from a country not accepted
The credit card payment limit has been reached
The credit card information is not correct
The credit card has been used with PayPal to buy more than a few hundred euros and PayPal thus requires that you create an account to continue to use it on their website.

In any case, I would recommend you to contact PayPal's support regarding that problem.

12 years 1 month ago #45501

Thanks for your answer.

Let me contact Paypal in this case. If everything goes well, I will purchase the business plan:)

12 years 3 weeks ago #46442

I have mailed to PayPal and still no reply. But, Today I faced a strange issue...

A Customer from Canada tried to purchase our product several times but couldn't get success. Just before, he mailed me that he moved to another company and purchased the same product using his same Paypal account...

I'm sure the issue is not with my PayPal account since some users can buy. Also, the issue is not related to country since the person can purchase in other sites...

Help me Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee....

12 years 3 weeks ago #46444

Hi,

You say that you are sure that the issue is not with your PayPal account since some users can buy.
I would reply to you that I'm sure that the issue is not with your HikaShop since some users can buy too...

As I said in my previous message, the credit card validation is done on PayPal's end and HikaShop has NO CONTROL AT ALL on that so it's not possible that something on HikaShop's end trigger an error message related to the credit card on PayPal's website.
I really want to help you but I can't do nothing here for you. I would recommend that you phone to PayPal. The phone support is usually much more responsive than trying to contact them by email or support message on their website.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds