"Checkout Related" - Plugin Broken

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #332840

-- url of the page with the problem -- : dev.mojooutdoors.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2

I believe this might need to be directed to Jerome as it is an Obsidev plugin listed on the hikashop website.

As long as i use <=4 related products, the plugin works fine. If I use more than 4 items with any of the layouts, I get the following error:

Call to undefined method checkoutrelatedViewcheckoutrelated::getQuantityCounter()

I don't believe this has anything to do with my template either, as the problem shows up even with the joomla defaults. Let me know if you need backend credentials to take a look.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #332841

Also, does this plugin really do anything different than the hikashop content module besides integration in the checkout workflow? I figured out how to do pretty much the same thing with N number of related products with zero issues.

• Thank you received: 4004
2 years 10 months ago #332842

Hello,

We added a patch in the CheckoutRelated plugin to support the HikaShop product view "getQuantityCounter" function.
You can re-download the plugin from your HikaShop order to get the fix.

The plugin allow to display the "related" products directly in the blocks of your checkout workflow, so you can control where (and which steps) you want to display that module.
Related products can be from the product configuration (related products) but there is a mode for "sales related" products where the plugin will analyse past orders to determine which products could be suggested.
It is also compatible with the HikaShop ajax system which will refresh the module when the cart content change and the related products are differents.

Regarding the display of related items, you can exclude categories but we think that it might be interesting to also have an "inclusion" mode in order to make the configuration easier.
We are aware if you have suggestion for improvements.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Jerome.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #332847

Thanks Jerome. The plugin works with no errors now.

I think the category inclusion feature would be nice. Maybe you can add a way to see the categories in the filter, similar to selecting a category on the product edit page?

Also, would it be possible to add carousel options to the config, similar to the hikashop content module options? I know this can be done with a custom layout, but an automatic method would be nice.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #333208

Hi Jerome,

I ran into another issue with the plugin. If the "checkout related" contains products with 0 stock, I get the following error when trying to proceed to the next step in the checkout:

Error
The product 2 is not available

This doesn't seem to be related to any of my customizations, as reverted to the default template results in the same issue. Once the "checkout related" is removed from the workflow, I can proceed to the next step.

2 years 10 months ago #333281

Hello,

Thank you for the report.
Can you please provide a screenshot of the checkout workflow you can see just before clicking on "next" and having the error ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #333332

Hey Jerome,

Here's a screenshot of the checkout workflow step that's failing:

Screenshot of the error message:

Every time I try to advance to the next step in checkout, this error message shows up. If I remove the "Product Related" from the checkout workflow, everything works fine.

Attachments:

2 years 10 months ago #333337

Hello,

Can you please provide a screenshot of the checkout workflow you can see just before clicking on "next" and having the error ?

I need a screenshot from the front-end, what the customer see before.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #333369

Apologies, I thought I sent this already. The error message is:

Error
The product 1 is not available

Screenshot of the same error message:

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by mojooutdoors-holden.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #333370

After further testing, it seems the problem might be linked to products with options. If the "choose options" button is displayed, the error occurs:

However, if I change the layout from "image and title" to "image", I don't get the same error, but now pressing "next" results in the first product in the checkout related block being added to the cart:

Attachments:

2 years 10 months ago #333376

Hello,

Can you please confirm that you're not using the "add to cart legacy" ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...html#advanced_legacy

In your screenshots, I can also see that you have a "add to cart" after the listing ; which will be in conflict with the checkout.
When you submit the checkout page, if you have forms (like old HikaShop cart system), these forms will be submitted and try to add content in the cart.

The "checkout related" plugin must just be used with the ajax system so it won't interact with the checkout processing.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #333381

Not using "add to cart legacy", as I think this option was deprecated in newer versions of Hikashop (latest installed on my dev site):

For the layout, i'm using the "image and title" which currently has zero customizations now:

The result of this config + minor CSS changes:

To my knowledge, I have removed any customizations that could potentially be using the outdated "forms". The problem seems to be linked to a conflict between this plugin and the various hikashop default layouts. I can send backend credentials to this dev site if you would like to take a look.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 10 months ago #333382

Hi,

Could you provide a user access to the website where you have the issue so that we can check on the situation ?

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #333420

Here's access to the front end of the test website:

This message contains confidential information

To reproduce the problem, add the product in that link to cart, go to checkout and proceed to the next step. One of the items in the "checkout related" block gets added cart automatically.

Let me know if you need backend credentials, and I'll submit a support ticket.

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 10 months ago #333441

Hi,

I think you have two issues at the same time here:
- You have the last "add to cart" button at the bottom of the products listing of that module. This must be here because the "Add to cart on listings" setting is set to "global" instead of "one per product" in the HikaShop configuration. So please check that setting and make sure it's set to "one per product". That should normally remove this "add to cart" button which shouldn't be there and can cause the issue you're describing.
- On top of that, the add to cart button of each product also has hidden input fields which mess with the checkout. These should not be there sicne the add to cart legacy mechanism has been removed a few versions ago. So I'm thinking it comes from an old override of the view file add_to_cart_listing.php that you have in your template. And this can also cause the issue you're describing. I suppose that you said that the issue doesn't come from overrides because when you tried to deactivate your overrides, you still had the issue with the "Add to cart on listings" setting which hid the fact that it solved partially the problem.
So you'll have to change the "Add to cart on listings" setting and remove add_to_cart_listing.php view override to check that it then works fine.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #333448

Hi Nicolas,

1. The "add to cart on listings" was indeed set to global. This has been corrected, but did not change the behavior.
2. There are no modifications to the "add_to_cart_listing.php" file.

Turns out I was using a very old version of listing_img and had a rogue "add_to_cart" form floating around. After removing the modifications, everything seems to work with no issues.

Just for fun, i turned the "add to cart on listings" back to global and now I can reproduce the original error:

Error
The product 1 is not available

So the problem was indeed twofold. Thanks Nicolas and Jerome!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

2 years 10 months ago #333471

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
I'll add some code in the "checkout related" plugin to remove the "add to cart on listings" to avoid conflicts (even if in your case it wouldn't change the thing ; it might help other in the future).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #333888

Hey Jerome,

Is there any way to add a carousel option in the plugin, similar to the same setting in the hikashop content module? The current display is only limited to N number of products and it's all within the viewport. It would be ideal to have a carousel feature to show a subset.

Additionally, a randomize option would be nice so the order is changed on reload.

2 years 9 months ago #333953

Hello,

The random can be added in "links" mode, it would be more complicated in "sales" mode but we'll see what's possible.

Regarding the carousel, when we first released the plugin, the carousel didn't feet well in the checkout.
With the new carousel system; it might be better ; You can test by editing/overriding the view "plugins\hikashop\checkoutrelated\views\checkoutrelated\tmpl\show.php" for the line :

echo $this->loadProductLayout('listing_div', array(
You have to replace "listing_div" by another HikaShop listing view, such as "carousel".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
2 years 9 months ago #334034

Hey Jerome,

To integrate the carousel, i would need to create a completely new view which uses the carousel? By default, there doesn't seem to be a product listing view that uses the carousel. Is there an example of the carousel being used in the view files?

Holden

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds