Mass Actions triggering at different times

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 2 weeks ago #265839

The problem with having a custom script developed is that we have several reports that we need to run and will be adding more in the future. The script would need to be able to allow us to set up new reports or customize existing ones via a UI. In other words, we need a system where we can just create/manage as many custom reports as needed. Your software is great - and has many of the features of enterprise level software we have evaluated. We are so very close to getting what we need from Hikashop. I'm hoping you will be willing to improve the massaction functionality to allow us to remove the duplicate row issue mentioned as well as improve the presentation of the reports themselves. I imagine other users of your software would benefit from improved reporting functionality as well and we are fully willing to fund the development. Overall, we prefer to have the solution be part of the Hikashop core and we want to support the development of an open source solution over purchasing a proprietary enterprise solution or developing the UI we need from scratch. I'm giving this one more try. If you have any other suggestions or are interested in exploring this further please let me know. Whatever your answer I commend you on an excellent software solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13060
7 years 2 weeks ago #265871

Hi,

We're hearing you. We actually want to completely redevelop the mass action system in order to be more flexible, more consistent, etc in the future.
That's however a really big development as there are over 10 000 lines of code to handle the mass actions system.
It's a project that's going to take months when we start it.
On our end, our schedule is full for the next few months, which means we won't be able to finish such project in less than 6 months if we decided to go for it now.
That's for these different reasons we don't want to develop some custom plugin for the current system for your specific needs.
And as I said, cost-wise I don't think it would change much if you did your own custom script. You could totally make it into a plugin and have options for it, if that's necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds