Bug in v1.2.0? or older?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #473

Hi there,

So, I'm testing the workflow of things and I click on a link:

www.acewasabisf.com/index.php?option=com...=5&mailid=13&subid=1

[to buy a $100 gift card]

I register with a new email and information...

then the site says [as expected]:

Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered.
Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login.
Upon clicking on the activation link, your account will be activated and you will be able to continue your order.

It then sends me back an email:

Hi Emmanuel Lemor,
Thank you for registering on www.acewasabisf.com/ .
Your account must be activated by clicking on the link below and you will be able to continue your order.

www.acewasabisf.com/index.php?option=com...aWduLmNvbSI7fQ%3D%3D

You can log in the website with the following username and password.
Username : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Password : huQRCooE

Now about 1 out of 2 or 1 out of 3 times I do this whole process, 2 different things happen:

a. part of the time, I get this [see image unexpected_screen.jpg]

and

b. the rest of the time, it shows the billing address, method of payment, shopping cart below and the NEXT button

This is the expected procedure as it:

"Upon clicking on the activation link, your account will be activated and you will be able to continue your order"
which to me means, I click on the activation link, it remembers my spot in the ordering process and let's me continue
from there!

So why the DIFFERENT behavior without anything different done? :(

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #474

Correction - it is now broken - if I use the username and password given with the account it does not log in and just gives me the same screen as above without the 'Your account has been successfully activated message...' and I appear stuck..

I think this may be a bug in v1.2 as I didn't have this problem a few hours ago when I was still using v1.1.1 :(

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

P.S.: You will obviously have to create a new account for yourself to see / test this as the username/password combination and activation link that I provided have expired already.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by exlemor.

• Thank you received: 13036
13 years 5 months ago #475

Hi,

I just tested to place an order on your website and it worked for me. I was able to go to paypal.

Cocerning your point a: That will happen if you use different browsers because the cart information is stored in the session. If you open the activation link, the other browser session won't be linked to you and the system will think your cart is empty.

For your restaurant case, if I'm correct, your customers will only get the link to the gift certificate purchase via email, so you know they will enter a correct email. Which means that you could deactivate the confirmation email ( in the joomla configuration ). That way, the user will just receive his user/password info via email and he will be able to continue directly the checkout without having to check his mailbox for the activation link.

When I tested, I saw the next button below the checkout stuff, where it should be. Maybe you might have some CSS to tweak in your template ?

13 years 5 months ago #483

Hi there,

I think you misunderstood my point about different browser, I know about cookies and session, I wasn't using different browsers in the same session.

I did all of the testing with 1 browser and then tried another one when it didn't give me the expected result.

Unfortunately, I had tried it with Opera v10.63 [Mac OS X], and had the problems listed above and today tried it with Safari v5 and had the same problems - additionally, I turned on Maximum Error Reporting and when I clicked on the new generated:

Hi Emmanuel Lemor,
Thank you for registering on www.acewasabisf.com/ .
Your account must be activated by clicking on the link below and you will be able to continue your order.

www.acewasabisf.com/index.php?option=com...aWduLmNvbSI7fQ%3D%3D

You can log in the website with the following username and password.
Username : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Password : mHV3ml6i

I got this:

Your Account has been successfully activated. You can now log in using the username and password you chose during the registration.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/acewsbsf/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php on line 114

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/acewsbsf/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php on line 114

with the same form to log in again like the image unexpected_screen.jpg

Going to try yet another browser now...

13 years 5 months ago #490

Hum...Interesting.
These notices will happen if the user is not logged in automatically. Could it be that your browser is truncating the URL of the activation link because it's too long ? In the url, we add the email and the password so that we can automatically login the user once he clicked the activation link. We encode the data in base64 in the infos parameter of the URL. So if the infos parameter is not complete, the system won't be able to automatically login the user :/

13 years 5 months ago #493

Hi there,

On the cutting off thing, I doubt it because I have tried this now for 3 different browsers and when I visually check the link it contains everything...

I guess more investigation is required for this one :(

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

13 years 5 months ago #497

Ok so in order to try to help to figure this out and to follow your advice, I went into the Global Config of Joomla and turned off New User Account Activation. .

After I register [type in email address, name blah blah telephone number and press REGISTER, I get]:

Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/acewsbsf/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 63

Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/acewsbsf/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 63

After that is listed, I get the bar showing Login - End. [not sure why it only includes those 2 options or I can customize that if I can].

Then I get the Billing Address
{New} button

Payment Method.
Paypal

Shopping Cart
Shows 1 $150 Gift Certificate

I click Next, it shows again, the:
Billing Address
{New} button

Payment Method.
Paypal

Shopping Cart

And then I press Next and I get the same screen coming up again:

Billing Address
{New} button

Payment Method.
Paypal

Shopping Cart

I am assuming here it is BECAUSE I did not yet enter a Billing Address, but since there is NO error message, how is a customer supposed to know that [all it does is refresh the page?]

I enter the Billing Address in the nice popup box.

I press Enter and I see:

You must provide at least one recipient e-mail address.

Please wait while you are redirected to the PayPal website.
If you are not redirected after 10 seconds, please click on the button below.

At which point, I get the new Paypal payment screen [login or pay by credit card]... success! [but with a few glitches along the way]...

I am guessing that this explains why I didn't get an email in my mailbox about the order that I 'created'. :(

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by exlemor.

13 years 5 months ago #501

Hi,

I did the same test of your website. Here is what came up from it :
I get the same notices. Probably not a big bug but it might be linked with some of the trouble here.

Then, I see the screen below like you except that I see the address I entered in the billing section.
Then, after clicking next several times, it doesn't go to paypal and stays there without error message.

The message "You must provide at least one recipient e-mail address." is also not normal...
I need to investigate the problems. Would it be possible to have an FTP access to your website ? That will allow me to put some traces in order to find the problems as I can't reproduce them on our test websites.

13 years 5 months ago #502

Hey,

Jump on Skype and I will give you login credentials since Skype is secure in that it uses SSL at least.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds