Send an e-mail receipt once an order is confirmed

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 10 months ago #158764

Hi,

I just wanted to ask you how can I send an email receipt to the customer AFTER his order is confirmed. Also I have noticed that as a customer I can see this receipt on the front end through the My Account menu, but it doesn't send me this receipt with an automated e-mail.

Thanks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 10 months ago #158766

Hi,

In System > Emails do you have disabled the email "order status notification" ? This is this email which should be sent to the customer after an order is confirmed.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 10 months ago #158891

Yes I had checked this out before and it is enabled. I get an e-mail only when an order is created. But I noticed that when I confirm an order and I hit the notify customer button I get that e-mail I want. How can we get this automated without hitting the notify customer button every time?

Thanks in advance.

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 10 months ago #158908

Sorry for jumping in, wideservices.

First, glad you got it sorted.

Next, trust me, it's a good thing that there's no automation for these emails, except for when an order is created.
Guaranteed, one day you will need to change an order status without the customer knowing, which is when you will appreciate the way it's built now.

I guess the only thinkable alternative could be to have emails sent by default, and a user being able to manually intercept and stop it. But you'll have to admit that a sudden change of behaviour like this in a future version would confuse, and rightfully upset, the many existing HikaShop users.

Anyway, you'll see you get quickly used to hitting the other button. ;)

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: wideservices

• Thank you received: 13079
9 years 10 months ago #158952

If you want the checkbox activated by default when you change the status of an order in the order details page of the backend, you can edit the file show_general of the view order via the menu Display>Views and change the code:

<input type="checkbox" id="data[notify]" name="data[notify]"/>
to:
<input type="checkbox" id="data[notify]" name="data[notify]" checked="checked"/>

But lousyfool's advice is indeed correct and you might want to keep it as it is by default.

• Thank you received: 9
9 years 9 months ago #164292

nicolas wrote: If you want the checkbox activated by default when you change the status of an order in the order details page of the backend, you can edit the file show_general of the view order via the menu Display>Views and change the code:

<input type="checkbox" id="data[notify]" name="data[notify]"/>
to:
<input type="checkbox" id="data[notify]" name="data[notify]" checked="checked"/>

But lousyfool's advice is indeed correct and you might want to keep it as it is by default.

I also had the same problem. Wanted to let the (sub)vendor to notify the user as well, but email was not sent out.

I've found this thread, and just noticed there's this notify checkbox in the code. But this just shown to the main vendor, for subvendors not. I've modified this:
if(isset($this->edit) && $this->edit === true && ($this->vendor->vendor_id == 0 || $this->vendor->vendor_id == 1) && hikamarket::acl('order_edit_notify')) {

to this
if(isset($this->edit) && $this->edit === true && hikamarket::acl('order_edit_notify')) {

Now the fields are shown, but system is just sending out the email if I'm the main vendor, for subvendor no emails arriving. Any option to get this work for subvendors (and subvendor users) as well?

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 9 months ago #164306

Hi,

For your HikaMarket questions, please use the HikaMarket forum.
The HikaShop support team won't be able to help you for HikaMarket customization or modification.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds