Login/Registration

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #31323

Platform: Latest Joomla 1.7.3/latest Hikashop - recently downloaded

When going to checkout, it takes me to the login or registration page, but:

There is no login prompt?? Rather only a registration form.

checkout workflow:
cart,login_address,cart_coupon_status,payment_confirm,end

When logging in, I also get "Invalid Token" -

Any solution? I don't want to get myself into a deep debugging mode :) or spending days if not hours figuring out something that should be easy enough to install/configure.

Thank you for your quick assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 4 months ago #31349

If you don't see the login screen, it's probably because the "login" option of the checkout tab of the configuration has been turned off.

There is no token check on the checkout so I don't see how you could get such error on the checkout. So say that you get that error when logging in ? You must be using the joomla login form then. So you should look on the joomla forums for an answer as they will be able to answer better than us. Here is a thread with lots of answers about the same issue on joomla 1.5: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=265868 Not sure if that applies here but you should give it a go.

12 years 4 months ago #31382

Thanks Nicolas, I looked through that so many times, missed it.

Even when turned on, I can't login or register. After registering, it doesn't work.

We will most likely buy the pro version if we get this up and running correctly. Since we'll have customers that will create a profile and some that will not and go directly to pay.

Does the login from Hikashop override the Joomla login? Please advise?

Thank you.

12 years 4 months ago #31406

The login and registration on the checkout uses the joomla functions to login and register the user. Only the display is done on HikaShop's side so that we can display it the way we want.

Could you give a link so that we can see the problem ?
Do you have the same problem if you register/login via joomla's views ?

12 years 4 months ago #31450

Hi Nicolas, I'm just about to give up on Hikashop :) spent way too much time on this...

I wiped out everything, clean install of the latest Joomla 1.7.3 package and Latest package of Hikashop... Still doesn't work.

Please view www.hmoobin.com - still in dev and as test.

12 years 4 months ago #31467

Hi,

I just tested on your website to create an order with both a new account (registration) and with an existing account (login) and it worked normally without any error.

12 years 4 months ago #31487

I had to turn SEF off from global configurations... If I turn SEF on, your application do not work and ofcourse, everybody would want their website to be Search Engine Friendly :).

In the paid version, do I still need to turn it off? Client is looking to launch soon and I need it to work great before I start having them enter in data... :)

Please try again while it's on, I'll leave it on for now :)

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by cmoua.

12 years 4 months ago #31500

Fresh install on a new instance/different template...

The latest version of Joomla 1.7.3 w/ com_hikashop_starter_1.5.4_2011-11-30

You can view it on gradestatus.com - That's one of our domains, under mainmenu, click on test to login or create a new account.

No solution from from Hikashop, I will need to explore other alternatives :(.

12 years 4 months ago #31525

Hi,

That login and registration page is NOT an HikaShop page. It's the joomla login/registration views. Regardless of the ecommerce solution you will use, you will have the exact same problem. Even if you don't have any ecommerce solution on your website you will have that problem.

Besides, HikaShop works correctly with SEF. The problem is not in HikaShop but some joomla/server configuration.
Invalid token errors can sometimes happen when you have the joomla caching activated so make sure that you deactivate it in the joomla configuration and the joomla cache plugin via the plugins manager. If that still doesn't solve your problem, you should ask for help on forum.joomla.org where they know more than us about joomla specific issues.

12 years 4 months ago #31558

Joomla login/create account was working perfect, was able to login, create new accounts, login with guest accounts "until" I installed Hikashop and enabled. I can bet, if I uninstall Hikashop, everything would start working again! :)

Joomla cache is disabled and always been.

Just a precaution for your team... The installs above are NEW installations.

12 years 4 months ago #31579

The only thing which is called by joomla during the registration/login is the HikaShop user synchronization plugin. If you disable it, nothing from HikaShop will be called during the registration/login of joomla. You can try, but I don't think that it will solve your problem... HikaShop works on any version of joomla and does not cause such login/registration problem on thousands of websites so I don't think that it comes from HikaShop.

12 years 4 months ago #31731

Thank you Nicolas for your quick replies and support. I'll just reinstall again :).

Hopefully, it goes well, will keep you posted :)

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds