new Paypal checkout won't connect

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
10 months 6 hours ago #352729

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

Hi,

Just updated to Hikashop 4.7.4. I got a message that the Paypal method is obsolete and I have to install the new Paypal checkout plugin. I tried several times to connect with Paypal, but everytime I get into a loop (enter email and password over and over again) or an error. At last when finally reached the connect page the message after hitting the accept button is : "Allow PayPal to link your account to" + the message "an error has occured" It looks like it's missing the info where it supposed to link to?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
10 months 6 hours ago #352731

Hi,

I'm not sure why you have that issue. However, you can circumvent it easily by manually creating an app with your PayPal account and getting the client id and client secret from there:
www.appinvoice.com/en/s/documentation/ho...id-and-secret-key-22
Then, just fill them in the payment method and save and you'll be good to go.

• Hikashop Business
10 months 5 hours ago #352733

Hi,

Well just tried that, but now when logging in as a customer and paying the order through "pay now" I get an error:

Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/paymentplugin.php:96
2 hikashopPaymentPlugin->onPaymentDisplay() JROOT/libraries/src/Plugin/CMSPlugin.php:284
3 Joomla\CMS\Plugin\CMSPlugin->Joomla\CMS\Plugin\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/event/src/Dispatcher.php:486
4 Joomla\Event\Dispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/EventAware.php:111
5 Joomla\CMS\Application\WebApplication->triggerEvent() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/plugins.php:91
6 hikashopPluginsType->preload() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/views/order/view.html.php:300
7 OrderViewOrder->pay() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/views/order/view.html.php:23
8 OrderViewOrder->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:645
9 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2463
10 hikashopController->display() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/controllers/order.php:477
11 orderController->pay() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:678
12 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2441
13 hikashopController->execute() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php:88
14 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71
15 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:73
16 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
17 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:208
18 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:249
19 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
20 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/includes/app.php:61
21 require_once() JROOT/index.php:32

When downgrading to version 4.7.3 everything works normal

10 months 3 hours ago #352737

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I think it's something which happens only in some rare cases and it is not linked to PayPal Checkout.
I've made a patch to avoid the error. Please download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and you should not get that error.

• Hikashop Business
9 months 4 weeks ago #352761

Hi,

Thanks, the error is gone, but the payment method doesn't work. After submitting the pay now button (with paypal as chosen method) this is the message: "Please select a payment method". The backend shows that Paypal is connected successfully. See screenshots.

Attachments:

9 months 4 weeks ago #352765

Hi,

This indicates that there is a javascript error on the page, which prevents PayPal from initializing the payment buttons.
Please open the console of your browser and check for error messages when on that page:
wickedlysmart.com/hfjsconsole/

• Hikashop Business
9 months 4 weeks ago #352776

Hi,

The payment buttons are visible, this occurs AFTER the button is clicked. Theres no javascript error.

Attachments:

9 months 4 weeks ago #352779

Hi,

I made a test and no, there are no buttons on that page.
And there are javascript errors in the console:
i.imgur.com/BF1Cg7V.png
It seems it's an error thrown by the javascript of PayPal. But it's hard to say with JCH Optimize as the javascript is obfuscated on your website and thus really hard to read.
Could you deactivate JCH Optimize ?

• Hikashop Business
9 months 4 weeks ago #352784

Hi,

Ok, I didn't do the test through a new order, but with paying for the order after Login, orders.

I disabled JCH and it looks like this is causing the trouble again. So I will contact Samuel to see how to solve this. Thanks and sorry for the nuisance.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Hikashop Business
9 months 4 weeks ago #352787

Do you know which javascript I have to exclude from JCH to solve this?

9 months 4 weeks ago #352789

Hi,

I don't know. With the javascript code being compressed, it's hard to say what is what and the PayPal Checkout plugin doesn't embed any javascript file.
There is a bit of javascript code in plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalcheckout/paypalcheckout_end.php and the file www.paypal.com/sdk/js but that's an external JS file, so JCH shouldn't touch it.

• Thank you received: 13
  • Hikashop Business
8 months 3 weeks ago #354054

We're seeing the same issue on multiple sites with existing PayPal accounts. When we use the connect button we get stuck in a login loop with PayPal. It seems to only be offering a new business signup and not letting us proceed with an existing account/email.

If we configure it manually we get a "failed to connect" alert in the payment method, I suppose because the auto-method cannot connect with the manually provided details.

I downloaded the latest version of Hikashop today and updated both sites so we are using the version that was previously patched based on this thread.

UPDATE: I believe the reason we're seeing the 'failed to connect" by the button is that our client may have manually entered their Sandbox API details instead of the live details. Case in point why having the auto-connect button would be fabulous! :)

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com
Websites that Work, Marketing that Matters
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by 3by400. Reason: updating details.

8 months 3 weeks ago #354060

Hi,

As far as we know, the connect button works fine if you have a build from less than 2 weeks ago.
If you see the signup procedure after you enter your PayPal account email address, it means that PayPal couldn't find any user account with that email address on their end.
So either:
- you made a typo in your email address
- you entered the email address of a live PayPal account while you have the sandbox setting turned on in the payment method
- you entered the email address of a sandbox PayPal account while you have the sandbox setting turned off in the payment method

If that's not of these, then it might be a new issue we would have to investigate. In that case, we would need the necessary details to be able to reproduce the issue.

• Thank you received: 3
8 months 2 weeks ago #354190

Just want to add my woes to this list. I've just attempted to do the switch as well, and had the same endless loop problem with Paypal neither switching my personal a/c to a business one nor creating a new business a/c for me but instead just going back to the username/password screen. I've looked at the manual method but totally lost on how to progress with it, tho I gather you've provided help on that front so I'll have to investigate it further & see whether I can figure it out to put it in use.

If it can't be resolved, I'll unfortunately have to just stop using Hikashop unless you can perhaps provide an alternale Paypal method of payment :(,

8 months 2 weeks ago #354193

Hi,

Getting the client id and client secret to fill in the settings manually should be relatively easy following a tutorial for that online.
Here is a page with the procedure:
www.upwork.com/resources/paypal-client-id-secret-key

Note that HikaShop comes with half a dozen PayPal payment plugins. PayPal Checkout is the latest one.
Go in the menu System>Payment methods, and click on the "new" button. There you can select the plugin to use for your new payment method. You will see many PayPal plugins, each one for a different API of PayPal. So if really you're not able to use PayPal Checkout, you can always fallback on another one, like the old PayPal plugin which only requires the email address of the PayPal account.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
8 months 2 weeks ago #354211

Concerning the Paypal Checkout I don't understand why you consider it as a "small problem". It costs us 70% of webshop performance because 70% of the payments just don't work with this plugin. Some weeks ago I got the message that ALL previous Paypal options are obsolete and only Paypal Checkout will work in future. Now I read here that the older Paypal payment methods can still be used. So please tell what is correct.
Without acceptable Paypal payment plugin Hikashop can't be used any more for serious business....
I expect that there is an option that works "out of the box" in Hikashop.

8 months 2 weeks ago #354214

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean ?
Where did I say that "PayPal Checkout is a small problem" ?
The subject of this thread is "how to connect the PayPal Checkout plugin with the PayPal account".
If you're saying you're receiving payments with it, I suppose it means you've already successfully connected the plugin to your account. So your message has nothing to do with this thread besides the fact that it's about PayPal Checkout.

70% of payments not working is not a small problem. However, your previous message is two weeks ago ( www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/9...-payment-plugin.html ) and reading the conversation there, it seemed you had found the issue and fixed it with the auto_increment trick.
So right now, you're new grief with PayPal Checkout is news to me.
Saying that I think it is a "small problem" when I don't even know the details of your problem is a bit strange.

There are several things I can tell you:
- I'll be happy to investigate your issue with PayPal Checkout. But for that, please open a new thread and provide details about the problem. It's possible that there are bugs in the PayPal Checkout plugin in some special cases that we need to address.
- While the other PayPal plugins are "obsolete", they can still be used for the foreseeable future. PayPal didn't yet publish any date for the end of the APIs used by these plugins. It's likely that most of them will still work for many years. So if you're getting impacted by 70% of payment losses, I highly recommend you use the old PayPal plugin while we investigate the issue. The PayPal Checkout plugin is a pretty new plugin, and the PayPal Checkout API of PayPal is also pretty recent. The old PayPal plugin has been used by tens of thousands of merchants throughout the years and it is the most stable payment plugin in HikaShop.
- Of course, PayPal is saying you should use PayPal Checkout since they want to migrate everyone as soon as possible to their new API so that they can end their old APIs sooner.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
8 months 2 weeks ago #354215

This is what Hikashop tells in red letters concerning the old Paypal mthod- which worked well before:

Your PayPal payment method is obsolete and will soon be discontinued by PayPal. Please go in the System>Payment methods menu, click on the 'new' button and select the 'HikaShop PayPal Checkout payment plugin' to configure the PayPal Checkout payment method which is now replacing it. Once done and the new PayPal Checkout payment method is available on your website, disable the old PayPal payment method and this error message will disappear.

But here I read that you recommend to use the old plugin if there are problems with paypal checkout.

My problem with Paypal checkout: Sometimes it works- sometimes it does not work. Some customers were able to use it- but other's are not. Nearly impossiblöe to find out the reason for me. Currently I write a message to all failed payments and ask them to do bank prepayment.

8 months 2 weeks ago #354216

Hi,

That's indeed the message displayed by HikaShop. But that doesn't mean the old PayPal plugin can't be used.

Could you also ask at the same time what problem they had with their payment ?
Without any information on the problem, we can't do much.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds