Update cart without reloading the page

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #28352

Hello,

I am new to his forum. I need to get some insight in to the cart updating part of hikashope. When i add a product into the cart it is adding without refreshing page using AJAX and works fine. But when i tried to change increase or decrease the quantity or if we delete the quantity against an item in cart the entire page is getting refreshed. So kindly advice me if there is any option to avoid the page reloading on quantity change. Also if i make changes in the display-> view -> area from joomla backend the corresponding changes are not visible in my FTP file locations. So could any one tell me where is the location of the view files in hikashop folder in server not in admin area. So i can modify the file directly from server as the saving option from hikashop backend is taking too much time and giving connection timeout if net connection is slow.

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by binoy_p_v.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
12 years 6 months ago #28370

Hi,

Indeed, there is only an AJAX request for the add to cart buttons. For the quantities modifications in the cart, a form is submitted and the whole page is displayed again.
There is no option to change that.

For the Views edition, it uses the standard override system of joomla. The view files modifications are stored in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/...
That way, when you update HikaShop, the original files get updated while you don't loose your modifications.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds