Error in Tax display

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #42809

Hi Nicolas,

I noticed today that my products are displaying the before tax price on the product page and in the cart. The cart does not display the tax at all and totals the pretax amounts. I had it set to price with tax. I have tried to reset it in config/display bu it does not change - only when I say display both does it change, and then to the pre tax price 2x.

Have checked the prices in the products and its fine there. Nothing has changed in the tax settings and there is nothing to see there that can effect this.

I upgraded to 2.5.2 this week. Not sure if this is the cause.

I need to publish my first batch of products tomorrow and cannot do so without the taxes as thats a bit illegal here.

Thanks for your help.

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Margot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13072
12 years 1 month ago #42829

If your taxes are properly configured, then it's probably that you changed the main tax zone option of the configuration to a zone which is not taxed.

12 years 1 month ago #42852

I dont think I have done that.

See attached. When I look in the Denmark zone I see nothing that allows me to set the zone as a non taxed zone. Denmark is definitely a taxed zone.

See my tax rule.

Just want to add that the tax appears nowhere - not on emails, invoices etc..

Update: have tried changing the tax zone to Europe in case I broke something, but there is no change. When I createa product the tax is not automatically calcualted like it used to be: If I complete the Price with Tax amount, the Price field autocompletes the same amount, not the pre tax amount.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Margot.

12 years 1 month ago #42867

Then it means that your tax entries are not configured properly. Please post a screenshot of your tax entries (menu System->Taxation).
Also, you should check the different points of that FAQ:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ion-listing.html#faq

12 years 1 month ago #42872

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the screen shot under System > Taxes but it does not reveal much. I have gone through the trouble shooting list you link to and the only thing I can think of is that I lost my country at one point. I posted it as an issue here and you told me to make it again. In going through the list I found that I had Denmark twice, the original Denmark had the Type set at Tax zone instead of country. I must have done that at one point thinking it was how it should be.

I have now removed new Denmark zone and reset the original Denmark zone to the Type country.

Even when logged on I see only one price.

I have tried editting the prices and both fields are set to whatever it is I type in in either field.

Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #42874

Yes the denmark zone should be set to country and you should only have one. Please make sure that it's the one you have in your address (edit your user address and save it). It must indeed come from an inconsistency with the zones.

12 years 1 month ago #42878

Yes. I have done that, its ID is the same in the many places it appears :-)

12 years 1 month ago #42882

Then it's maybe something else. Did you select the proper tax category in your products ?

12 years 1 month ago #42893

Yes, checked that too, but will double check - its the default category.

12 years 1 month ago #42899

Double checked and my products are set to the default tax category.

12 years 1 month ago #42974

It must be one of the points in the FAQ. It you can't find which one, you can send us a back end access via our contact form and we'll look at your configuration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Margot

12 years 1 month ago #42980

I will make you an account. Its probably something stupid but as sometimes happens, I just cant see it.

12 years 1 month ago #43032

Your tax rule was unpublished. I just published it and it seems to work. By the way, I can see the icon on your back end, so it must be a problem with your browser.

12 years 1 month ago #43034

Thank you so much! I can see it works

I checked that though as its part of the list. Problem now is my 250 new products are priced too high because its taken the tax on top of the price :-)

I will make my products again as I want to change them anyway as descussed in the how to topic.

Odd how I cannot see the icons in my browser. Thats quite a new thing. Think I will be changing browsers.

Thanks again for your help.

• Thank you received: 14
11 years 6 months ago #69972

Which browser were you using?

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds