Memory Limit - Images Issue

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 1 month ago #46732

Hi,

I've already read a little about this problem in the forumas and the joomla forums.

Every now and then when loading a product page I get the following error:
"
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15399956 bytes) in */administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php on line 377"

I've checked my memory limit settings and PHP has 48Mb - the process indeicates that it needs 150Mb of memory which seams like an awful lot.

I suspect (as a result of reading replies to other similar issues) that this is due to pictures on the site and their size - I've cleaned out the /media/com_hikashop/uploads folder of all the various thumbnails and been through every page of the site (I figures that this would remove any excess and force a redraw of the relevant thumbnails. But this has not solved the problem.

The issue appears to go away when I reduce the number of products displayed on the latest products banner at the bottom of the page - but this is not an ideal solution.
http://www.lilybshop.co.uk/shop

Any thoughts?

Kind regards

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 1 month ago #46772

Hi,

That's indeed a lot of memory usage. Normally, once a thumbnail is created, the memory is not used.
Did you check that the thumbnails were indeed recreated in the thumbnails_XxY folders of the media/com_hikashop/upload folder ?
I'm thinking that maybe you have access right problems preventing HikaShop to save the thumbnails in the folder so it tries to recreate them on each page.

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 1 month ago #46785

A fair point from Jerome about this (I'm not sure if it was a PM or a post, but I can't see the post here) I misread the bytes figure as 15Mb when it is in fact 15Mb - which makes more sence when looking at the file sizes of the pictures in question.

Server permissions do not seem to be an issue - the thumbnails are in the folders (although there a lot of different folders and sizes as a result of different original image dimensions) and take up about 5Mb

Really confused, but I will have another play in the morning and see if I can figure out if it is creating the images each time and stop it doing it!!

Kind regards

Ben

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds