Checkout without registration

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #62005

Hi,

We purchased Hikashop Essential and we expected to have checkout without registration for our customers, which means they don't have to create new account in order to purchase products on our website. But now we are not able to make it working, the shipping address form disappears along with login form. If it's not supported in current Hikashop version, then there's no point of using it for us, because you stated that it does support "checkout without registration" at www.hikashop.com/en/component/hikashop/product/cid-1.html .

Please help us to solve this problem ASAP, it's very urgent.

Thank you,
Abdyrai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 8 months ago #62131

Hi,

If the shipping and login forms disapears, I suppose that it means that you removed the "login" view from the "checkout workflow" option of the configuration.
It would help if you could post a screenshot of the Checkout tab of the configuration.

If you want a checkout without registration, you just need to change the option "registration" to "no registration" in the Checkout tab of the configuration. I can assure you that it's working properly.
Changing that option will remove the username/password fields and you will only get the address form so that users can enter it.

11 years 7 months ago #63874

I'm having a similar issue.

I originally had the starter version and then upgraded to Essential.

I need to capture the shipping address in order to calculate the correct sales tax amount.

Attached is a screenshot of the Checkout configuration as well as what I'm seeing in the front-end. I tried clearing the browser cache and am still seeing the "Login or create a new account" boxes.

I appreciate any tips you have on what I may be doing incorrectly.

Thank you - Dave

Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #64007

Hi,

That's normal. the username and password fields are removed from the checkout and no registration in joomla will happen.
Then, if you want to remove the text "Login or create a new account" or change it, you can use a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

11 years 7 months ago #64037

I'm sorry I'm not sure I explained this correctly. Were you able to view the PDF of the front-end I uploaded? I'm still seeing a 'register' button and there is not a 'continue' or 'next' button to continue the purchase process. Also, the Progress Bar displays 'Login' as the first step. Any ides on what I'm doing wrong?

11 years 7 months ago #64040

I sure saw the PDF.
And everything is normal.
It's just that the text doesn't change when you change that "registration" option.
The "register" button is actually the "next" button.
As I said, if the text is not like you want, you can just change it with translation overrides.

11 years 7 months ago #64041

Ok, I get it now. At first I didn't realize I could change the text on the button too. Thank you so much for your help!

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds