Upgrade issue from Business 1.5.5 to 1.6.0

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 7 months ago #67820

Hello

We have a Joomla 1.7.3, which I was able to upgrade to Joomla 2.5.7 (on GoDaddy linux hosting, in a Test environment, Production is untouched as of now)

Worth mentioning, that we still have unti 12 Dec 2012 for our yearly support to expire. :laugh:

I also wanted to upgrade the HikaShop Business Edition, currently at 1.5.5 sitting on Joomla 2.5.7 - THIS WORKS FINE TOO in the Test environment.

Issue is when I download the zip file "com_hikashop_business_1.6.0_2012-09-28" and try to install via Extension Manager, thats when the failure starts.

500 - An error has occurred.

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1060 - Duplicate column name 'cart_type' SQL=ALTER TABLE `josweb_hikashop_cart` ADD `cart_type` varchar(25) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'cart', ADD `cart_name` varchar(50) NOT NULL, ADD `cart_share` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'nobody', ADD `cart_current` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

Attached is a screenshot - hijashop-error.PNG

At this point, the front end cart will not work - when I try to add something, an "undefined" shows up in the Cart module. Also if I try to add a HikaShop menu item, the text is incorrect - see attached hikashop-error-menu.PNG

I tried searching in the forums for someone with similar issues, but cannot find anything.

This seems to be a bug?

Pointer?

Regards,

NK

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by nkelkar. Reason: support text added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 6 months ago #67851

Hi,

That's not a bug. It doesn't work because you had query errors during the update, so the database structure couldn't be updated properly.

Do like that:
- Turn off the debug mode option of the joomla configuration
- In phpmyadmin, edit the hikashop_config table and change the 'version' entry from 1.6.0 to 1.5.5
- rename the folder administrator/components/com_hikashop to something else.
- install again the 1.6.0

That should add all the necessary columns in the database and solve your issues.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nkelkar

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #67985

Those steps fixed the issue. Thanks.

Now I am able to move to the upgraded versions, not just for Joomla 2.5.7, but the Hikashop Busines 1.6.0 as well

Regards

NK

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds