Unexpected end of line [CF][LR] in exported CSV

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 6 months ago #67861

Hi all,

I have found a strange thing when I tried to open up the exported product.csv in notepad++ with displaying the special characters CF LR also.
Example:

"23";"0";"Product Title";"<p> </p> CR LF

where "23" is the first coloumn: product_id. For some reasons, CR LF exist in the line and breaks the folowing coloumns of the product to the next line, which is not correct. I'm also using an Open source CSV editor called CSVed where I noticed the coloumns shifting, and makes impossible to deal with the exported data at all.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 6 months ago #67862

Hi,

The CRLF end of line is the standard one on windows:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline
Also, Macs understands CR and linux understands LF

Having both CR LF allows you to have line returns on all major OSes.

It's normal that you see them at the end of each line in notepad++ when you display the return carriages (there is an option to not display them).

I don't know CSVed but both OpenOffice (LibreOffice) and MS Office are able to open the CSVs of HikaShop just fine.

11 years 6 months ago #67863

Hi Nicolas,

Yes, CF LR needed on win, at the end of line closing a product row. I attach an image where you can see that it breaks a line. In most cases, they are at the right place -> at the end of line. But sometimes breaking the lines to two or more like on the image.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 6 months ago #67869

That's your product description. It's on several lines because you have it on several lines.
That's not a problem. most CSV software like OpenOffice and Microsoft Office support multiple lines.

I can't do anything for you if your software does not support it besides telling you to use another software or not use several lines for your descriptions.

11 years 6 months ago #67952

Right,

Finally I will switch back to Excel.

Regards
FG

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds