Badges displaying incorrect

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #68015

Added a few badges to the system. When I didn't have any badges chosen for any category none were displayed as one would expect. But when I had chosen a badge for a category another badge which had no category were displayed on all other products.
When I gave that badge a category another badge without a category was displayed on all products.
All this went away when uncategorised badges were unpublished but still.

Would it be possible to have a way to pick a badge per product instead of per category in the future perhaps?
Possibly like choosing a picture for the product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 6 months ago #68026

Hi there,

I'm not sure I understood your problem. What's the badge which display everywhere? Did you set it by yourself?
A solution consist in adding a specific category to the products you want to have the badge (for example "discounted"), don't publish this category and apply a badge on it.
In this way, only some product of a category will have the badge.

Since this solution is quite good, adding a product option is not a priority :)

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #68083

Hmmm
Ok, gonna try that and if I understood that correctly I'm going to have to make alot of new subcategories but have them unpublished.
Interesting.

About the thing I was talking about. I added four badge images. When I added a badge to ONE category the badge with the lowest uncategorised ID number was added to ALL products in the entire shop. I then gave that badge a category which in turn made the next lowest uncategorised badge image to display on ALL other products. Regardless of category. Making them unpublished solved it but I find it strange.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Kaffeman.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds