Client information not being saved on back end

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #69077

hi guy,

i have shopping cart, and i'm using custom fields to display some extra registry information.

On one of the custom filed i have a question that asks the user what are they applying for, depending on what they answer other custom fields show up, but for some reason if they click YES, on this question their contact details will come up as black on the back end and even on eway, but if they click NO everything works fine.

I've checked all custom fields and everything seems to be fine, can anyone help me with this?

I've attached a couple of test screen shots one click YES on the custom filed you will see there is no shipping or billing address, the other clicking NO and it comes with all the info.

cheers,
dan

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 6 months ago #69226

Hi,

Can you try to fill an order with the debug mode of the joomla configuration turned on ?
Do you have any error ?
Could you also do a screenshot of the option page of that custom field ?

11 years 6 months ago #69227

for some reason when i turn debug mode on in joomla all i get its a blank page...

11 years 6 months ago #69228

Then please also set to maximum the "error reporting" option of the joomla configuration.

11 years 6 months ago #69229

no luck still blank page

11 years 6 months ago #69232

Please please look at the PHP error log of your website for the error resulting in that blank page. If you don't know how to, you can ask your hosting company.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dankron

11 years 6 months ago #69234

i'll have a look and get back to you

11 years 6 months ago #69327

ok i've managed to find the problem, it was a problem with filed name not being the same as DB, that is fixed but now i'm getting the following errors:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$customtext_151_2_00_30 in /home/cljaedu/public_html/media/com_hikashop/mail/order_creation_notification.html.modified.php on line 125

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$customtext_80_10_44_27 in /home/cljaedu/public_html/media/com_hikashop/mail/order_creation_notification.html.modified.php on line 125

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$customtext_80_10_52_17 in /home/cljaedu/public_html/media/com_hikashop/mail/order_creation_notification.html.modified.php on line 125

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$customtext_80_11_13_53 in /home/cljaedu/public_html/media/com_hikashop/mail/order_creation_notification.html.modified.php on line 125

These are the fields that are hidden by the custom filed selection.

when i click yes on the answer those fileds are hidden from the user. bit now hikashop complains that they are missing...

Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #69475

Custom text fields cannot have any information in them. So it's normal that it displays these errors as the data must be missing in the database.

Please try to delete your custom field and recreate it.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds