[SOLVED] A question about characteristics

• Thank you received: 14
11 years 6 months ago #69984

Hi, today i was looking at something i don't understand regarding the categories.
The case is this one:

I have product "A" that have two characteristics, lets say Color and Size

Color is: Red, Green and Blue
Size is: S, M, L

Product A is available:

A:S+Red
A:M+Red
A:L+Red
A:M+Blue
A:L+Green

If i do it by hand (using the variants manager in the backend) in the product page i can see that is actually possible to choose "A:S+Green" tough this option doesn't exist really.
It instead shows that this product characteristic combination has the price set to "free" and tough fortunately it says that there is no stock it is impossible to change that "Gratis" to something else because is not possible to edit a variant that does not exist...

Let me explain it graphically:

In this image you see the available variants for my product:

[attachment:1]1.jpg[/attachment]

As yo can see i have created this TESTTEST Variant That is "Myproduct: Bianco Perla+0.5Lt"
Here is the correct product combination:

But this should not be available at all!

Is ok that it does not let the user to actually buy the product but if the user sees that Free price is not very cool, don't you think?

Realizing this weird behavior then i think that Hikashop actually creates those "Dummy Variants" somewhere but what happens if i want to make a csv import?

I'm attaching my csv as well right here:

File Attachment:

File Name: Hikashop_I...port.csv
File Size:17 KB

I see that this csv actually creates the products but this variant issue i think is driving my Hikashop Crazy as you see here:

How can i overcome this?
If i have to create void product variants just too cheat the system to allow me to import my csv's flawlessly i think my database will be half full (or more) of nonexistent product variants (my csv's too) thus eating resources unnecessarily and turning my csv's just harder to understand and manage.

Following for your answer.
Thanks in advance

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by protorob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #69985

This is the Attachment one, i don't know what happened

Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #69989

I have just realized (again) that you need to specify the default selection of characteristics in the main product row in your csv. This solves the problem of prestashop going crazy on front end.

But the problem about the "free" product on the non defined variations of the product remains but i think i'll open a different topic for that.

I'm attaching the corrected csv just for reference.

File Attachment:

File Name: Hikashop_I...Char.csv
File Size:15 KB

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13074
11 years 6 months ago #70131

You can the possibility to hide out of stock products with the corresponding option of the Display tab of the configuration.
That way, the variants without stock won't be available.

However, if you have two characteristics that will still allow the user to select unavailable variants in some cases as the dropdowns are not reloaded on the fly as it would be quite complex.
In that case, you have the possibility to change the characteristic display method from dropdown to table in the Display tab of the configuration to make sure that the user cannot select a variant which doesn't have any stock.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds