show related products on product page only?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #70285

Hi,

I am trying to get it to work so that my related products module only shows on the actual product page, not the mother product page that shows all the products in that category. I.e., only on:

notascratch.com/iphone-4-4s-cases/cherry/product/25-snake

but not on:

notascratch.com/iphone-4-4s-cases/cherry

like it is currently doing. This is a problem for me because this second link is showing all products, and then the related products underneath too with significant overlap. Is there any way to show only on the actual unique product page?

Thanks,
Luke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #70337

Topic can be closed. I found that using Advanced Module Manager allowed me to publish the module only when seeing the product category and the URL displayed '/product' directory. This means it shows on all independent product pages, but not on product category pages.

11 years 6 months ago #71894

Hi, I am trying to do this as well with Advanced Mod manager but it is not working. Can you be more specific on how you did this?

Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!

• Thank you received: 13083
11 years 6 months ago #72130

Hi,

I've never used Advanced Module Manager so I can't say, but why not ask on AMM's forum for help regarding that ?

11 years 6 months ago #72167

Hi Helen,

With Advanced Manager (free mode) you can specify details in the Module Assignment tab. I asked for the module to show in the categories I wanted and also, further down the list under the URL heading, to show only on pages with /product in the url. This meant it didn't show on the category main page, or parent level of the relevant shop menu.

Does that help?

9 years 9 months ago #163623

Nice one Luke.

Advanced module manager works a treat :)

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds