Type of Charateristic wrong selection

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #93632

Hi, I created the following charateristics:
-color (red,black)
-size (S,M,L,XL)

Then I create a productA and associate these charateristics(by manage the new products inside the main one) in this sequence
productA_1: red-S, red-M, red-L, red-XL (total 4 products)
productA_2: black-S, red-M, red-L (total 3 products)

When I look the product page in the frontend I see S-M-L-XL for productA_1 and this is correct. But also I see S-M-L-XL for productA_2 which the size XL I did not set.
So I see all sizes for all colors.
I this my configuration mistake or something wrong in hikashop?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 1 month ago #93642

Hi,

A link to your product page and some screenshots of your :
- Product's variants listing configuration page
- Characteristics configuration page

would be helpful to understand from where the problem is coming from.

11 years 1 month ago #93643

Hi, the link is goo.gl/VF4Mm
user actionstyle
pass style2013

In case you need others information just ask me.
Thank you

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13084
11 years 1 month ago #93921

Hi,

On your screenshot of the variants listing, I can see the variant Bianco-XL for the product. So it's normal that you see the XL choice int he characteristic dropdown on the frontend.

I don't see the issue here ?

11 years 1 month ago #93930

Yes you're right.
But you cannot see Melange-XL in the screenshot that you see in the choice in the characteristic.
Do you understand?

11 years 1 month ago #94154

That's normal. The melange-XL choice cannot be removed from the dropdowns selection. Otherwise, if melange and XL are removed, you won't be able to select the variants using melange, and the variants using XL.
Instead, the system removes the add to cart button for these non existent variants.
Also, if you change the characteristic display method to "table" in the configuration, it will use a 2d table of radios, one per existing variant and that way you won't be able to select non existent variants.

11 years 1 month ago #94161

Hi, this is not so normal.
How logical is that when I select the melange color the melange photo appears, the same should be for size: if I select melange color, only available size for melange color should be displayed.
Another issue is: when I select melange color, then select XL size, the bianco image appears...sure I see "add to cart" button disappear but why it shows me a wrong image? Because the combination melange-XL does not exist. But this is not good for any ecommerce...not just for mine.

Please can you provide a logical solution to fix this issue?

Thank you

11 years 1 month ago #94165

I already gave you a solution:

If you change the characteristic display method to "table" in the configuration, it will use a 2d table of radios, one per existing variant and that way you won't be able to select non existent variants.

11 years 1 month ago #94180

Sorry, but this is not a solution. My costumer wants this layout, he does not want to change the layout because it works not good.
Otherside, if I follow your suggestion, the behavior is the same as you can see in the link.
You can check the attached image for the option. If I select "table" or "radio" the result is the same: I can choose XL with melange color.
Thank you

Attachments:

11 years 1 month ago #94215

From what I can see on your product page, that's not the "table" display method of characteristics but the "radio" display method that you're using which works the same as the "dropdown" display method. Please double check that setting.

If you want to use dropdowns, I'm afraid that you'll have to find a developer to modify the code to have dynamic dropdowns which refresh the other dropdowns on the fly. It's not something which can be done in two lines of code, or I would already have given them to you.

11 years 1 month ago #94486

Ok thank you, I got your point.
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds