+ and - instead Refresh button in Chekout and Cart

• Thank you received: 5
9 years 9 months ago #167907

-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.3.3 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Any

I can change quantity by pressing + and - in product or category listing.

But in Checkout I have only Refresh button.

And in the CartI havent any button at all.

Can I change quantity in the Cart and Checkout by pressing + and - too? Many users don't understand, that they can press Refresh. They are search + and - buttons.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13104
9 years 9 months ago #167950

Hi,

There is no option to activate such capability, but you can always modify the cart view files via the menu Display>Views in order to add them.
It's not really complex if you know a bit of programming. For example, for the + of the checkout/cart view file, you could have that code:

<a href="#" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('hikashop_checkout_quantity_<?php echo $row->cart_product_id;?>'); qty_field.value=qty_field.value.parseInt()+1;qty_field.form.submit();">+</a>
You can add it before the refresh button:
<div class="hikashop_cart_product_quantity_refresh">

The following user(s) said Thank You: alikon1

9 years 8 months ago #168535

Add and when press + button, get error:

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function step-1.html:791
onclick

9 years 8 months ago #168536

Rewrite as:

<a href="#" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('hikashop_checkout_quantity_<?php echo $row->cart_product_id;?>'); qty_field.value=parseInt(qty_field.value)+1;qty_field.form.submit();">+</a>

Now it works I think.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

7 years 1 month ago #266115

What about Hikashop 3.0.1?
How I can now add +/- to cart module and checkout page?

Doesn't work too.

<table class="cartplusminus"><tbody><tr><td>
<div class="cartplus" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('hikashop_cart_quantity_<?php echo $row->cart_product_id;?>'); if(qty_field){qty_field.value=parseInt(qty_field.value)+1;<?php echo $input; ?> document.hikashop_cart_form.submit(); return false;}else{ return true;}"  title="Добавить порцию">+</div></td></tr><tr>
<td><div class="cartminus" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('hikashop_cart_quantity_<?php echo $row->cart_product_id;?>'); if(qty_field){qty_field.value=parseInt(qty_field.value)-1;<?php echo $input; ?> document.hikashop_cart_form.submit(); return false;}else{ return true;}"  title="Убрать порцию">-</div>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

7 years 1 month ago #266119

Try to replace getElementById with getElementsByName. And $row->cart_product_id; with $product->cart_product_id;
It change quantity in cart, but reload page, no ajax reload.

<table class="cartplusminus"><tbody><tr><td>
<div class="cartplus" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementsByName('item[<?php echo $product->cart_product_id;?>][cart_product_quantity]')[0]; if(qty_field){qty_field.value=parseInt(qty_field.value)+1;return false;}else{ return true;}"  title="Добавить порцию">+</div></td></tr><tr>
<td><div class="cartminus" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementsByName('item[<?php echo $product->cart_product_id;?>][cart_product_quantity]')[0]; if(qty_field){qty_field.value=parseInt(qty_field.value)-1;<?php echo $input; ?> document.hikashop_cart_form.submit(); return false;}else{ return true;}"  title="Убрать порцию">-</div>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

• Thank you received: 4006
7 years 1 month ago #266121

Hello,

Please be sure that you do not have view overrides for your content.
The code you mentioned is related to the "legacy" add to cart system and it received some minor modifications in order to be compatible with the new way that the cart is handled in HikaShop.

You have to keep using the getElementById but you need to use the right code to get the HTML input element.
Without knowing what you have modified but seeing that you do not have the original content ; I'm afraid that our support won't be able to give you any useful help.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 1 month ago #266258

I use original files. I just tried to add modofication, that I had used in 2.6.3 but it doesn't work now.
There is still no default function to show +/- in the cart or checkout page in Hikashop 3?

7 years 1 month ago #266261

Hello,

There is no mention of

<table class="cartplusminus">
in HikaShop 3.
So I don't know what you're trying to do but that's not the official HikaShop 3 code.
If you're using HikaShop 3 ; you have to use code of HikaShop 3, not older code.
And yes, there is features in HikaShop 3 to display a quantity selector in the checkout cart.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 1 month ago #266378

You didn't read my last message.
I can write again. Modification <table class="cartplusminus"> was in 2.6.3. When I try the same hack in 3.0.1 it doesn't work.
How can I add +/- to the cart module without page reload in 3.0.1?

7 years 1 month ago #266383

Hello,

And I wrote:

If you're using HikaShop 3 ; you have to use code of HikaShop 3, not older code.

So I don't know what I can tell you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 1 month ago #266497

Jerome wrote: You have to keep using the getElementById but you need to use the right code to get the HTML input element.

Jerome wrote: If you're using HikaShop 3 ; you have to use code of HikaShop 3, not older code.

3 years ago Nicolas wrote how to add +/- buttons to Hikashop 2.

nicolas wrote:

<a href="#" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('hikashop_checkout_quantity_<?php echo $row->cart_product_id;?>'); qty_field.value=qty_field.value.parseInt()+1;qty_field.form.submit();">+</a>

In the new Hikashop 3 it does not work anymore. And I ask for 5 days how to add these buttons.
How can I use the code of Hikashop 3, if I do not know what it should be now. If I knew, obviously I would not write on the forum.

I can not understand the meaning of your answers.

7 years 1 month ago #266562

Hi,

You can still use the same code with the new checkout cart view.
If you look at either the "cart" view file of the "legacy" checkout, or at the show_block_cart view file of the new checkout, both have a quantity input field with the same id :

<input id="hikashop_checkout_quantity_<?php echo $product->cart_product_id;?>" type="text" name="checkout[cart][item][<?php echo $product->cart_product_id;?>]" class="hikashop_product_quantity_field" value="<?php echo $product->cart_product_quantity; ?>"/>
<input id="hikashop_checkout_quantity_<?php echo $row->cart_product_id;?>" type="text" name="item[<?php echo $row->cart_product_id;?>]" class="hikashop_product_quantity_field" value="<?php echo $row->cart_product_quantity; ?>" onchange="var qty_field = document.getElementById('hikashop_checkout_quantity_<?php echo $row->cart_product_id;?>'); if (qty_field){<?php echo $input; ?>}; return true;" />

So the code I wrote three years ago should still work there:
<a href="#" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('hikashop_checkout_quantity_<?php echo $product->cart_product_id;?>'); qty_field.value=qty_field.value.parseInt()+1;qty_field.form.submit();">+</a>
(obviously, you need to update the $row variable to $product, but the logic is still the same and you still need to use a getElementById as Jerome was saying.)

Please understand that this is custom coding.
We provide user support in this forum. We try to help when you have coding questions regarding HikaShop, but that's already outside the support we're supposed to give, and that doesn't mean that we will work on your customizations for you. If you're a developer, these basic modifications shouldn't be a problem, and if you aren't, then you should ask a developer for help on such customization.

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by nicolas.

7 years 1 month ago #266625

Yes, I can use

<a href="#" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('hikashop_checkout_quantity_<?php echo $product->cart_product_id;?>'); qty_field.value=parseInt(qty_field.value)+1;qty_field.form.submit();">+</a>
<a href="#" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('hikashop_checkout_quantity_<?php echo $product->cart_product_id;?>'); qty_field.value=parseInt(qty_field.value)-1;qty_field.form.submit();">-</a>
in checkout page. But it reload all page, not new system (ajax) update.

nicolas wrote: (obviously, you need to update the $row variable to $product, but the logic is still the same and you still need to use a getElementById as Jerome was saying.)

In the cart module as I see, id do not contain product id. I don't know what this number (_39) is meaning. Product id is in name atribute.
<input id="hikashop_product_quantity_field_39" type="text" value="16" class="hikashop_product_quantity_field" name="item[182409][cart_product_quantity]" data-hk-qty-min="1" data-hk-qty-max="0" onchange="window.hikashop.checkQuantity(this); if(this.value == 16){ return; } if(this.form.onsubmit &amp;&amp; !this.form.onsubmit()) return; this.form.submit();">

Try to use getElementsByName instead getElementById, but when change quantity - all page content reloads. So the advantage of the new "Add to cart" system is lost in that case.
It's normal to change the amount through the input field via keyboard on the desktop PC, but on the mobile phone it's easier to press the plus and minus buttons. Reloading the page on the phone is annoying. Today, more than half of all visitors use mobile phones.

7 years 1 month ago #266629

Found else that I can edit /components/com_hikashop/views/layouts/tmpl/quantity.php near line 118, to get buttons with correct id.

<a href="#" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('<?php echo $id;?>'); qty_field.value=parseInt(qty_field.value)+1;qty_field.form.submit();">+</a>
:( but this variant refresh all page too

• Thank you received: 114
7 years 1 month ago #266630

Hi,

You are right about mobile. I have asked same question about 2 months ago here; www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/888560-h...uestions.html#260825

Still waiting for the improvement :)

Thanks

7 years 1 month ago #266632

Hi,

If you want to submit the block (ajax refresh), instead of a whole step refresh, it's quite easy. Just take example on the delete button.
If you look in the cart.php for the delete button code, you can see that the submission of the data is done with qty_field.form.submit();
while in the show_block_cart.php that piece is replaced by:
return window.checkout.submitCart(<?php echo $this->step; ?>,<?php echo $this->module_position; ?>);
So in your code in show_block_cart, do the same change and the + and - buttons will also use AJAX refresh.

The following user(s) said Thank You: alikon1, kyratn

7 years 1 month ago #266734

nicolas wrote: So in your code in show_block_cart, do the same change and the + and - buttons will also use AJAX refresh.

Thank you. In Checkout page it works.

In cart module another code for Delete button and I didn't find solution :(

7 years 1 month ago #266770

alikon1 wrote: Found else that I can edit /components/com_hikashop/views/layouts/tmpl/quantity.php near line 118, to get buttons with correct id.

<a href="#" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('<?php echo $id;?>'); qty_field.value=parseInt(qty_field.value)+1;qty_field.form.submit();">+</a>
:( but this variant refresh all page too

That file already contains some +/- code:
<a class="hikashop_product_quantity_field_change_plus hikashop_product_quantity_field_change" href="#" data-hk-qty-mod="1" onclick="return window.hikashop.<updateQuantity>(this, '<?php echo $id; ?>');">+</a>
<a class="hikashop_product_quantity_field_change_minus hikashop_product_quantity_field_change" href="#" data-hk-qty-mod="-1" onclick="return window.hikashop.<updateQuantity>(this, '<?php echo $id; ?>');">&ndash;</a>

But when I try to add this, it's only increase quantity in input box and don't recalculate total sum, no entire or ajax page reload.

7 years 1 month ago #266777

In /components/com_hikashop/views/layouts/tmpl/quantity.php add:

<button type="submit" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('<?php echo $id; ?>'); qty_field.value=parseInt(qty_field.value)+1;">+</button>
<button <?php if ($current_quantity==1) echo 'disabled'; ?> type="submit" onclick="var qty_field = document.getElementById('<?php echo $id; ?>'); qty_field.value=parseInt(qty_field.value)-1;">-</button>
It seems it works :woohoo:

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by alikon1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OA

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds