where is hikashop_add_wishlist

• Thank you received: 747
7 years 10 months ago #245731

Hi,

You're having numerous modifications/overrides of views.

I'm not sure where the latest patch regarding this was applied by HikaShop, but in case view files were affected, you might not have those patches if you did not update your overridden views accordingly, or if you're not using the latest views with your modifications re-applied, respectively.

Easy way to test (assuming that all your modifications were made as proper overrides):
Temporarily switch your Joomla default template to Protostar and reload the frontend: if it works there, then it's a problem that still exists in your overrides.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: ronron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
7 years 10 months ago #245709

Hi,

Then it means that you have an override for the view file which displays the compare button and thus you have to remove your override and apply your changes to the new version of the view file.
Looking at your website, it seems that you're using the "image and description" layout for your listing, so it's the file "listing_img_desc" of the view "product" where the fix is.

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 10 months ago #245759

i already took out the override for the button but still not working.

where can i get a default copy of the file product / listing_img_desc.php and where can i place it to test the original file?

Or clicking the remove customization button be enough?

thanks

• Thank you received: 747
7 years 10 months ago #245787

Hi,

If you're creating proper overrides when modifying your views, the "default copies" (meaning the original core files) always remain untouched in folders /components/com_hikashop/views/VIEW_TYPE/tmpl. They are only overwritten when you update HikaShop.

Your view overrides are located in subfolders of /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop. They are being created, and eventually altered, when you're modifying views with the respective interface in the HikaShop interface. They will never be overwritten by a HikaShop update. Which also means that HikaShop updates to view files will not make it into your overrides, of course - and that seems to be your case.

If you click the trash bin icon in HikaShop's interface, the override will effectively be deleted completely! So, before doing so, you may want to create a backup, either of your entire site (as you have probably done before updating software anyway), or at least of the mentioned folder containing your overrides.

Alternatively, and for testing purposes, you may as well rename individual override files or folders per FTP to "turn off" overrides temporarily.

So, why not trying this: rename the folder /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop to disable all your overrides, then reload the frontend and test?
Or as I said in my last post, switch to Protostar temporarily (which does not include your overrides), then reload frontend and test?

If it works without all of your overrides, you know the culprit is still in one of them. You can then narrow it down to the one causing it by re-enabling all your overrides (or switching back to your template), then renaming them one by one (focus on the ones in the "product" subfolder") until it works.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 9 months ago #245906

@lousy thanks

your inputs helped me out understand hika better.

-Everything seems fine, but changing to protostar crashed the site. The best way for me to check was to rename the override file.

@nicolas

you were right. i had to redo all custom work to the new path.

The thing is, everytime a patch or update has been performed, do i need to redo all my custom work?

thanks

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by ronron.

• Thank you received: 13102
7 years 9 months ago #245908

Hi,

No, not everytime.
Only when we change a view file that you overrode and that you need to modification that we made in the original file.
We try to avoid that, but it happens as some changes can't be done without doing that and we can't plan for all the possible modifications people can do in the view overrides.
So it's safer to try to avoid modifying views as much as possible.
There are also smarter ways you can override the view files to increase the compatibility of your changes with future versions. For example, instead of using a normal override, in your override file, remove everything and do something like that:

<?php
ob_start();
include_once('/path/to/original/file.php');
$html = ob_get_clean();
echo str_replace('piece of HTML to replace','piece of HTML to use instead', $html);

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds