Canonical urls

• Thank you received: 13104
4 years 7 months ago #311790

Hi,

Without telling us more information about the error, I won't be able to help you :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #311812

Hello,

Well.. I set the option to "No, generate the URLS" and the products that have alias in greek display in front-end display: product not found.
Also, I have imported books via csv so in back-end some books have the alias empty, because I didnt set the field in the file. In that case: "product not found". Seeing that, I turned the option to "use and generate if it is missing".

What more info can I provide?

PS: I have opened a thread ( www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...-canonical-urls.html ), because I am thinking that these matters are similar but different to what we are discussing here. I mean, when I diactivate the canoncial, the old products doesnt display, but I would like a flexible URL, in breadcrumps, if a product is in 2 or 3 categories. From what I have read in forum and in documentation, I understood that the "use and generate" option in canoncial is more valid (if the word is accurate).

Thank you in advace.

4 years 7 months ago #311836

Hi,

What we would need is more concrete information, like an example.
Take one product as example.
What URL is on the listing of the products containing that product ?
What is the URL of that product's product page ?
Then, when you change the setting in the configuration, what URLs do you have ?
And could you provide a screenshot of the settings of the product and of the "SEF" section of the HikaShop configuration ?

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #311839

Hello,

Example with Canonical Up
Canonical URL: ... /xartopoleio/eksoplismos-grafeiou/mixanes-sirrafis-sirmata/product/5639-mixani-syrrafis-parva-no-64
URL on product: ... /xartopoleio/eksoplismos-grafeiou/mixanes-sirrafis-sirmata/product/5639-mixani-syrrafis-parva-no-64

Example with Canonical Down. (Error Product not found)
Canonical URL: ... /xartopoleio/eksoplismos-grafeiou/mixanes-sirrafis-sirmata/product/5639-mixani-syrrafis-parva-no-64
URL on product: ... /xartopoleio/eksoplismos-grafeiou/mixanes-sirrafis-sirmata/product/mixani-syrrafis-parva-no-64 (ID missing)

In both examples: Remove products and categories id in URLs is "Yes" and alias is in greek.

SEF options (I change only the field with canonical, now it is down):

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Giscard.

4 years 7 months ago #311848

Hi,

Well, the issue is that you don't have "mixani-syrrafis-parva-no-64" as alias of the product. And since the product id is not in the URL as you have the "remove products and categories id in the URLs" setting activated, the system can only base itself on the alias of the product in the URL in order to match it with a product. So if neither the product name nor the product alias are equal "mixani-syrrafis-parva-no-64", it's normal that you get a 404 error as it's not possible to link the alias in the URL with the alias or name in the database.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #311853

Hello,

So, if I turn down the "remove id" and set the canonical off, the products will be displayed, because the system will match the product's ID. Plus, for what we are discussing here: www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...cal-urls.html#311789 , I will be able to have one product, in two+ categories with different path in breadcrumps, but with one canonical URL (SEF be good), becuse the system match the ID as well and not the alias, which is in greek.

Sorry if the reference is off-topic, but I try to come in conclusion.

Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Giscard.

4 years 7 months ago #311869

Hi,

Yes. That's exactly the situation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds