Order Created with No Customer Info

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 weeks ago #10089

Hello Folks,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but something got screwed up. I'll describe what happened as best I can determine. The problem was that I had an order created, but on the Orders page, the Customer column was empty. Here is the sequence of events, as reported by the customer.

• Customer places product in cart and proceeds to checkout
  • Customer has not registered so completes Hikashop registration form
  • Customer is called away before order could be completed
  • Customer returns, cart still has product, but customer has not clicked Authorization link on registration email
  • Customer enters username and password on Hikashop login form and completes purchase
  • I receive email notice of new order and Paypal payment confirmation email for order
  • I'm not sure, but I think the customer also received order confirmation email (I forgot to ask about that)

When I logged in to site to check orders, I see the order but there is no customer info. I checked the order details and there is billing and shipping address information, but only a customer ID, no customer name or email in the Customer box.

I then checked the Joomla user list and see the customer, but with a different ID# and notice that the account has not yet been enabled. In the Hikashop user list I see two new customers, one with name and email info and the other, the one the order was attached to, has no name and email info.

I corrected the problem by going into the database order table and changing the customer and address ID fields to match the good customer record and deleted the duplicate customer from Hikashop.

It seems that the problem was created when the customer logged in through the Hikashop login form before actually authorizing the account. I'm not 100% sure that is what happened, but that's the best I can determine. I'm still using Hikashop 1.4.5 on this site, but didn't see anything in the 1.4.6 or 1.4.7 change logs that addressed this issue.

Regards,
Ed

Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by hdracing. Reason: correct spelling error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 3 weeks ago #10090

Hi,

That's a problem which was reported yesterday on that thread: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...on-problem.html#9968

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 weeks ago #10092

Sorry Nicolas, I must have missed that one.

Ed

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds