Add To Cart Not Working

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #16204

Hi everyone,

I have a few products as well as a custom entry form which I've built following the 'events' tutorial in the docs.

When I click 'add to cart' on the products or 'confirm order' in the entry form, nothing happens. All I get is a message saying my cart is empty and I get redirected to the main product page.

I've switched templates and reinstalled Hikashop Business(Version 1.4.9), but nothing changes.

I also saw on another post about add to cart not working, that '$doc = JFactory::getDocument();' should be '$doc =& JFactory::getDocument();' in ..../helpers/cart.php. This is all fine in my version.

I'm really stuck now, please help.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 11 months ago #16210

Hi,

Could you give a link to your shop, so that we can see the problem ?

12 years 11 months ago #16215

Hi Nicolas,

Here's the link:

janehamerton.co.uk

12 years 11 months ago #16218

The add to cart button works correctly on your product pages.

I can see what you're talking about for the "confirm order" button of the entry form. The reason is simple though. You didn't add any product for your entry fields and thus, the system does not add anything to the basket and display that message. If you edit your custom entry fields and add some products to them, it should work.

12 years 11 months ago #16222

Hi Nicolas,

The add to basket problem must be on my side then. It doesn't work on any of my browsers on any of my computers.

Do cookies, a router firewall, https/ssl have anything to do with it? I'm stabbing in the dark here, because I don't know where to look for the problem. Having said that, I've managed to use the add to basket earlier today and then it just stopped.

With the custom fields, where do I add a product?

12 years 11 months ago #16225

If you used the entries interface without validating your order, the system locks the cart automatically. And since you didn't configure your products in your custom fields, you are not able to validate your order. I think that's why it doesn't work on your end.
The solution is to log in/log out from your front end. That way, the session information will be reseted and you should be able to add to the cart again.

For the custom fields, when you edit a custom entry field (you need to first save it before seeing the option if you're doing a new one), on the right of the screen, you have the option related to the product.

12 years 11 months ago #16228

Hi Nicolas,

Regarding add to cart:

I use two computers, one for testing and one for the back-end. I've been struggling for a while now with https access. It would let both computers access the https server and then, all of a sudden, I can't get access with one computer but I can with the other.

The reason I'm telling you all this is because it just kicked me off the https again on one computer a moment ago and when I tried the add to basket on the other computer, it worked fine.

I don't know if my router doesn't like more than one computer accessing the same secure server.

Have you ever come accross this scenario?

This is my first e-commerce site, so I'm new to everything, ie. https, ssl, shopping carts, etc.

12 years 11 months ago #16231

That's strange. No one reported such problem on HikaShop yet with SSL.
In HikaShop, it's straight forward: when you activate the SSL option of the config, it will check that you are using HTTPS on the checkout and if not, it will redirect you to the HTTPS version. That's all. The rest is handled by apache and your browser...

12 years 11 months ago #16233

At least the problem only seems to be on my LAN and not the actual site/Hikashop.

Thanks Nicolas

10 years 3 months ago #138193

i am joomla3.0 is using,nw i m creating one website by using hikashop component,but here add to cart is not working,when i m click add to cart,it gives message on webpage "webpage is not available",what mistake made here and what i have to do to work add to cart ?

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 3 months ago #138249

Hi,
Can you give me a link to your website so that I can test it myself ?

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds