Product page translation doesn't save.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #18915

Hi,

I'm having a very weird issue with adding languages to my product page. I added all the languages and they show up in the tabs, in the admin area. When I click the language and add the content, hit save -- the content doesn't save but it clears completely. See attached image.

Does any one know why it would not save my text?

Thank you.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
12 years 10 months ago #18921

Hi,

That's the first time someone is reporting such problem. Does it work in others areas of HikaShop (categories, or characteristics for example ?)

If you go in Joomfish and translate the product from there, does it work ?
Could you also try to activate the debug mode in the config of joomla and try again ? Do you get an error message ?

12 years 10 months ago #18973

Thanks for your help.
No, it doen't work in other areas of Hika. The same problem appear to be in translating category as well. I'm running 1.6 and Joomfish is not compatible on this version it seems.
I also have the Business version if that matters at all.
I went ahead and activated the debug mode in Joomla but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks again, I would love to hear more ideas...

12 years 10 months ago #18987

Indeed, JoomFish in not compatible with joomla 1.6 yet. So you won't be able to translate your content until joomfish is compatible. I know that they are working on a new version compatible with joomla 1.6 and that they already have something more or less working so it's moving forward... But it seems that it will take a few more months before it's ready...

12 years 10 months ago #18996

This is not ideal at all. I wish I knew this before I spent money on the Business version of Hika. It is essential for me to have the products in multiple languages. Do you have any suggestions for a work-around?

I'm currently using M17 for translating joomla.
www.g17l.com/

12 years 10 months ago #18998

The easiest solution is to use joomla 1.5 if you can.
M17 is also not yet available for 1.6 so I'm not sure how you got it.
A work around would be to edit the views of HikaShop to change for example:
echo $this->element->product_name;

by:
echo JText::_($this->element->product_name);

and then use translation keys in the products name and description. Then, the translation override of the configuration can let you override these translations. But that's not really practical...

12 years 10 months ago #18999

Downgrading the Joomla version is absolutely out of the question. 1.6 is a major build and not just little tweaks.

M17 is indeed available for 1.6. You can get it here: 16.g17l.com/en/download.html

I appreciate your help but it is not a practical solution at all. I will not get into custom coding at this point. I'm just saying that Hika should be very clear about what it can and cannot do BEFORE I spend my hard earned money on it.

Thanks for your help.

12 years 10 months ago #19007

I was just trying to provide a solution :/
I had a look to m17 and it's not possible to translate content of HikaShop with it.
The only solution left if you want to keep 1.6 and HikaShop is to wait for joomfish to be compatible 1.6.

We say it in a lot of places. In the configuration, under the languages tab, there is a message which tells that that you need joomfish to activate the translations interface: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...onfig.html#languages
You should not be able to get that error unless you have the joomfish tables in the database which should not be possible since you can't install it on joomla 1.6
We also say it on each page of the documentation where there is a translation interface:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...duct-form.html#infos
We also say it on the features comparison table in the image regarding translations:
www.hikashop.com/media/features/multi_lang_edit.png

Note that if you're not satisfied because of that, and that you would like a refund, please use our contact form to ask for it under 30 days after purchase and we will refund you ASAP.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds