Lost My Component Menu Item for HikaShop

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3296

Oh Nicolas,

I really screwed up now.

I was getting frustrated with the categories not working so I decided to install tienda and check it out. While doing that I un-published some of the HikaShop modules and/or plugins. Now I'm trying to enable them again and I don't have the Component > HikaShop menu item nor do any HikaShop menu item types appear.

I tried logging out and logging back in. But they didn't come back. Tried re-installing too. I can get to the HikaShop options by going to the module parameters but still can't add a KikaShop menu item. Looked in my file manager and all of the files seem to be there.

In the morning I'll check the files against the zip folder but if you have seen this before, I'd appreciate knowing what you know.

Right now I'm sure this is user error but if all of the modules and plugins are enabled (except the payment & shipping stuff) you'd think my menu would come back.

Thanks,
Bill

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by bthayer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
13 years 4 months ago #3298

Hi Bill,

If you can't add HikaShop menu items in the joomla menu manager, that means that joomla didn't find HikaShop.
You say you tried to reinstall. Did you get any errors when you did ?
Normally, when you reinstall, the system should recreate the hikashop menu.
If you didn't get any error and that the menu didn't came out after the install, you should look at the table jos_components in the database and remove any lines related to hikashop. Then, reinstall. Hopefully, that should work.

13 years 4 months ago #3319

Uhhhh, he he he, ummm....scratch scratch

I thought I would try uninstalling from Extensions > Install/Uninstall and clicking components. Once there I saw that I must have disabled HikaShop from here. Ooops. I enabled it and got my menu back. I am now able to create a HikaShop menu item. Just tested the checkout and getting Model class checkoutModelCheckout not found in file error on my checkout.

Thanks for your insight. It put me on the right path to fixing the problem.

www.heatmisersaves.com

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by bthayer.

• Thank you received: 13069
13 years 4 months ago #3326

Hi,

I don't get that error on your website. However, I'm not able to register on the checkout page due to a javascript error between mootools and the openid.js file you have:
el is null
default:el.appendChild(this);}

You should first fix that javascript error.

13 years 4 months ago #3347

OK Thank You,

I thought it was foolish for me to have all of the countries listed right now so I turned off about 5 or 6 pages worth of countries. On the registration part of the HikaShop registration form (the one on the cart) the state field was not visible but required. When I turned on all those countries again the state field suddenly appeared again. That cleared up the javascript error I bet.

I'm going to figure this out eventually.

-Bill

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds