Bug in product weights?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #3779

It seems there is a bug in saving product weights other than the default (kg, g). I changed my default configuration weights to be displayed in ounces (oz). When I try to add a new product, the unit is displayed as oz. However, once I save it and go back (to edit it), it is displayed in kg. Please see attached MS doc file with screenshots.

The shipping methods however does not have this problem (units are saved in oz). Therefore when I go to checkout, it must be trying to convert from kgs to ounces, and in most cases I am getting "The cart items combined weight is too big for all the possible shipping methods".

File Attachment:

File Name: bug_weights.doc
File Size:145 KB

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 3 months ago #3780

It's strange that you have the weight unit written next to the weith field as it should be a dropdown where you can select all the weight units you have configured in the config. Did you change that view ?
Do you use a recent version of HikaShop ?
I tried to reproduce the problem but it works fine on our demo website. Can you confirm ?

13 years 3 months ago #3781

I have only only unit of weight in the configuration (oz). I believe we will get a dropdown if we use a comma separated list.

I downloaded Hikashop starter day before yesterday from the main site - so it should be fairly recent (please note I have done any updates at all).

I just added oz,lb to the weight unit list in the global configuration, and now we not only have the dropdown, but the bug from above seems to be resolved too. i.e. when I go back to edit it, it stays ounces in the dropdown. Please see attached screenshot.

File Attachment:

File Name: bug_weights2.doc
File Size:79 KB

Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #3783

However, there still seems to be a problem in the overall weight calculation. I have attached a screenshot of the product configuration (please note the unit weight is 3.5 oz), the shipping configuration for the weight range 11.1 - 21 oz, and the checkout screen for 4 units (3.5 oz e.a. x 4 units = 14 oz). I still get the combined weight too great issue.

File Attachment:

File Name: bug_weights3.doc
File Size:296 KB

Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #3785

There is indeed a problem if you have only one weight unit. When you save the product, the unit isn't saved properly and the calculation on the checkout gets messy.
We fixed that on our end and it will be included in next release.

For your second problem: I tried to reproduce on my end, having 4 times a produt weighting 3.5oz in the cart with the same shipping method limitations and I didn't get the problem. I don't know what to tell you since it works on our end... Could you try to reproduce the problem on the demo website ?

13 years 3 months ago #3786

Nicolas, thank you for looking into this. I have a feeling that since I created the shipping methods with only 1 weight unit in the global configuration, there may be an issue there. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I was not seeing the initial issue (with oz's being converted to kgs) with the shipping methods; I was only seeing it for the products. Let me try to delete all my shipping methods and recreate them. (And the products as well possibly). If the problem persists, I will try to reproduce it on the demo website. Does that sound like a plan?

13 years 3 months ago #3787

Yes

13 years 2 weeks ago #10655

I had the same sort of thing happen. I removed all the other options except for g, then kg was showing up on the products backend page. so I went and added g,kg. Now I can go in a manually change them if they are wrong :)

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds