Taxes on check out

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 days ago #12218

I recently upgraded from free to Essential. Prior to the upgrade, on check out, I had shipping showing the amount including taxes with an explanation in brackets and a tax total showing and included as a line item in the total cost of the order. It now just shows the prices without taxes and the shipping cost is not taxed at all even though it is set up as taxable.

The invoice is correct (except for the shipping tax) but the order displayed is not.

I think the problem is related to the 'states' file. The states have been set up as zones within the countries but don't seem to be recognized. For example, when I went into the custom display field 'state' and tried to change the default value, it allowed the change but after saving, the 'state' field is now showing only options for country. States do not appear at all, even when 'states' zone is selected.

Also getting this error message on first checkout screen.

Notice: Undefined property: checkoutController::$beforeControllers in C:\wamp\www\HikaShop\components\com_hikashop\controllers\checkout.php on line 726

Notice: Undefined property: checkoutController::$beforeControllers in C:\wamp\www\HikaShop\components\com_hikashop\controllers\checkout.php on line 726

Can you help?

Last edit: 13 years 2 days ago by Donna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 1 day ago #12232

You first need to set the default country and save. Then, you can set the default state and save. That can be done in the menu Display->Custom fields.
For the zones, you can customize them in the menu System->Zones.

For the notices, you can edit the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php and change the line:
if(count($this->beforeControllers)==1){
to:
if(isset($this->beforeControllers) && count($this->beforeControllers)==1){

13 years 1 day ago #12242

"You first need to set the default country and save. Then, you can set the default state and save. That can be done in the menu Display->Custom fields.
For the zones, you can customize them in the menu System->Zones."

This was all done but for some reason the zone could not be changed in the 'state' field. I ended up deleting all previously stored zone/tax/shipping information (it worked perfectly in the free version before upgrade) and re-entered. The custom field 'zone' problem has now resolved itself.

The checkout is still not displaying taxes as a separate line item and shipping is not being taxed as it should. I think something has changed.

Last edit: 13 years 1 day ago by Donna.

13 years 1 day ago #12248

Could you do a screenshot of your tax rules listing, of your main configuration tab , of the checkout with the address of the user displayed and of the product settings ? That would help us tell you what you're missing.

13 years 1 day ago #12253

Here you are:

Hope this works and is what you are looking for.

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 1 day ago by Donna.

13 years 1 day ago #12254

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 hours ago by Donna.

13 years 1 day ago #12255
Attachments:

13 years 1 day ago #12256

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 hours ago by Donna.

13 years 1 day ago #12267

That's strange. Your settings seems fine. Could you give us an FTP access to your website so that we can trace the problem down because I don't have any idea ?

13 years 1 day ago #12278

At the moment< I'm developing locally so have not set up as a live site. I'll see what I can do.

13 years 4 hours ago #12377

Could you try the fix in that post: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...ere-is-it.html#12323
We just found about that bug yesterday in the latest version.

13 years 4 hours ago #12382

I did the modification but could find the page where to test it on your website.

13 years 3 hours ago #12388

Yes that worked. Thanks so much.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds