Can't update product Information

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #19198

I recently purchased the Essential commercial version, after upgrade I have noticed two things not working properly for some reason or another.

1) When i go to a product I have already created and try to update it and save. I keep receiving this message "A product with the same code already exists
Error Saving". I have even tried checking off a product and clicking edit, make adjustments & it gives me this error.

2) One of the main features that sold me was the option to have Payment of orders not paid immediately. However after purchasing and enabling this feature, it didn't stop me from being directed to PayPal. If the checkout method is removed from the workflow, then how can we send them an updated invoice with the payment link?

I'm not as tech savvy as most, so until a shipping module is available I was wanting to just receive orders from customers, apply shipping charges, then send them an updated invoice with the link to checkout. I didn't see how to include a payment link in the invoice. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 9 months ago #19200

1. That means that a product with the same product code exists. You should change the product code of the product so that it works properly. You can try to activate the debug mode of the joomla configuration to see a better error message which should help us understand better the problem.

2. You can indeed remove the payment view of the checkout so that your users are not redirected to paypal. Then, when you edit the order and set the shipping, you can click on the send notification to send an email to the user. However, the notification for shipping method update is empty so you would have to write the email yourself each time. Instead, if you want the whole information of the order you can just change the status of the order and the notification email will contain it. You should add a link to the user's listing of orders where he will be able to click on the pay button for his order. You can get such a link by creating a menu of the type hikashop order listing via the joomla menu manager.

12 years 9 months ago #19211

nicolas wrote:

1. That means that a product with the same product code exists. You should change the product code of the product so that it works properly. You can try to activate the debug mode of the joomla configuration to see a better error message which should help us understand better the problem.

2. You can indeed remove the payment view of the checkout so that your users are not redirected to paypal. Then, when you edit the order and set the shipping, you can click on the send notification to send an email to the user. However, the notification for shipping method update is empty so you would have to write the email yourself each time. Instead, if you want the whole information of the order you can just change the status of the order and the notification email will contain it. You should add a link to the user's listing of orders where he will be able to click on the pay button for his order. You can get such a link by creating a menu of the type hikashop order listing via the joomla menu manager.

1. so in order to update some product info I have to create a second item similar to my old one? I can't just update some info and save it? I tried removing the code and saving after making adjustments and it just gave me a reply that said "Error." ? I'm not sure what's wrong.

Edit: I ran in debug mode here is the results, hope this helps:

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'customtext_167_17_53_48' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `jos_hikashop_product` SET `product_name`='Gilbert 1929 Alarm Clock',`product_url`='',`product_meta_description`='',`product_keywords`='Gilbert 1929 Alarm Clock',`product_code`='Gilbert_1929_Alarm_Clock',`product_tax_id`='24',`product_sale_start`='',`product_sale_end`='',`product_quantity`='1',`product_min_per_order`='0',`product_max_per_order`='1',`product_weight`='15.000',`product_weight_unit`='lb',`product_length`='0.000',`product_width`='0.000',`product_dimension_unit`='in',`product_height`='0.000',`product_published`='1',`product_type`='main',`customtext_167_17_53_48`='',`product_description`='' WHERE product_id='94'

2. I understand and know now how to make that happen, thanks for clarifying.

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by dan c..

12 years 9 months ago #19212

I figured out what it was, I made a custom field and I guess i did something wrong when setting it up. I disabled it now I'm able to save my updated products with no problem.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds