Critical Malfunction in Hikashop

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #22289

Hey forum,

I found a critical malfunction in Hikashop. The component is placing the order, without the user has finished the checkout.
Please watch the scren capture, to fully understand the process that triggers the error:

www.mycarbon.de/hikashop_error.avi

Environment:
Joomla 1.7
Hikashop 1.5.3 starter

Configuration
Checkout process: login,address_shipping_payment_confirm_coupon_cart_status_fields,end
Forward to checkout after an item has been added to cart

Process
The user adds an item to the cart, is forwarded to the checkout process (step1: login), returns to the shop and adds the exact same item to the cart.
Again the user is forwarded to step 1 of the checkout. This time, he logs in. If he now tries to eliminate one of the two items, he just added to the cart, the checkout process will be automatically be completet and the user is forwarded to step 3 of the checkoutprocess: confirmation.

Best wishes,
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 8 months ago #22292

Hi,

We cannot reproduce the problem on our end. It works ok with the same checkout workflow and the default configuration on joomla 1.7 with the latest version.
Could you do a screenshot of the whole checkout tab of your configuration ?
I also see that you apparently edited some of the views of HikaShop ( there is no update icon near the quantity field of the cart). It might come from that if that's the case.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #22293

Hi,

this indeed solved the problem. The template overrides have been based on an earlier version of hikashop.

Ok, I know what to do now. However, if it is at all possible (not everything can be tested, I know) I would ask the hikashop team, to be allert when adding functionality to the views. See, being able to use template overrides is one of the key strengths of hikashop. I assume many developers are using it. Something like this, is not a minor malfunction, as I am sure, you know. Some of our products are 200 EUR and more. If one of our customers is charged that amount of money, without even wanting to buy the product, that would not be a nice situation for us.

But anyway. Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate your support.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 8 months ago #22296

Hi,

We do our best to keep backward compatibility with the views and we test hikashop as much as possible before the release, but there is so much options and possible conflicts with other extensions or joomla updates that we find bugs even on the vanilla release so it's normal that if you modify your views and don't port your modifications to the new version of the views you get problems from time to time. As much as possible, you should try to use CSS to modify the look of the views. That way, that won't create such bugs.
Also, if your website is already on production, you shouldn't update HikaShop until we activate the update. We released the new version yesterday so there might still be problems with it. That's why we lock the update and that you have to download it on our website if you still want to update from the previous version to the latest version:

(The update is not yet downloadable via the update menu of HikaShop as we are waiting for feedbacks before rolling it out. If you want to update, you can download it directly on our website. It is available on the download page for the Starter edition and on your order details page for commercial editions)

PS: Looking at the video I found another problem: The quantity system was not working properly in some cases and you were getting several lines on the cart for the same product where you should have had only one line with the quantity increased. I've run some tests and was able to reproduce it on our end. We fixed it, did some tests and uploaded a new build of the current version which fixes the problem. So you can download again the package from our website and install it again in order to get the fix.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds