No new/edit address button available

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #28567

hi there,

I can't create a new address or select one in the checkout-process, although I'm prompted to do so. this is my shop:
shop

this is my checkout order: address_shipping_payment_confirm_cart_status_fields,end

I once saw the button on the frontend but I now have no clue where it went...

Any ideas? For me it seems like a bug. I have checked all threads on this, but couldn't find any hint....

please help!

Thanks, regards
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
12 years 6 months ago #28573

Hi,

The address view cannot work without the login view, so you need to add back the login view in the checkout workflow. It's explained on the checkout workflow documentation:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...config.html#checkout

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #28574

thanks so far...

of course I've read the documentations. I don't remember that it said that the login is a prerequisite for the address.

So there is no way in the start version to let the customer buy without registration, right?

thanks, regards
david

• Thank you received: 13079
12 years 6 months ago #28575

You can remove the address view as well. Then it will work. But you won't know the address/email of the user. That's the purpose of the login and address views combo.

If you want to get the address en email of the user without having him create a an account on your website, you can do so by changing the option "registration" to "no registration" in the checkout tab of the configuration but that option is only available in our commercial editions.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds