State (province) Not Showing!

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #28911

Hi Guys:

I just noticed that the state entry field does not show up on the address form at checkout. The label is there but the entry box is not.

The site has a big marketing campaign starting today so help asap would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried what was suggested in the other two posts (switching the registration requirements and turning off sef) with no success. Help... Please!

Thanks
Brad Benson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #28913

sorry forgot to give you the website

gemmsagift.com

Thanks Brad

12 years 5 months ago #28914

sorry again...

gemmasgift.com

brad

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 5 months ago #28935

It doesn't work because you have a javascript error on the page:
Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded

Thats likely caused by the jquery javascript library used by your template which enters in conflict with mootools, the standard joomla library for javascript.

That is no simple to solve.
A work around you could do as you are in a hurry is to edit the state custom field via the menu Display->Custom field and display it as a text box so that users can just write their state. Or chang its type to dropdown and enter all the states from both countries manually.

12 years 5 months ago #28939

Hi Nicolas:

Thanks for such a speedy response!

I have entered all of the provinces in a drop down and it works fine.

Would this java script conflict conflict be causing the go to cart popup box to not work properly also?

What would my next step be to solve this conflict?

Thanks Again
Brad

12 years 5 months ago #28941

It could be yes. Did you set the option "when a product is added to the cart" to "stay and display popup notice" ?
If so, then that's indeed the same cause.

Well, the problem is that mootools and jquery are not good friends. I would say that if you deactivate the dynamic menu at the top it might remove the errors. Or maybe configure your template to use a different display for the top menu...

12 years 5 months ago #28944

Thanks again Nicolas I'll give that a try.. Your service is outstanding and I will be posting a review on Joomla.org

12 years 4 months ago #31843

Hi Guys:

Still having problems.

Message when client tries to check out at paypal:
Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

I have noticed that when I change the state field to select zone it shows and the other dropdown boxes are not having a problem.

When I first changed to a single drop down box containing just the provinces it seemed to work for a while but now having problems with paypal. My client is killing me.

I will change to a new template if I must but want to make sure that is whats neccessary.

Thanks Brad

12 years 4 months ago #31857

If you changed the state dropdown that would explain why paypal is not happy with the address :)
The default zone type has a mechanism to use give to paypal the corresponding zone code (a 2 letters code). If you changed the type of the custom field, it means that the zones are not used anymore so the systems sends directly to paypal the value selected in the dropdown, which is then not recognized by paypal, thus the error.

So I would advise that you unpublish the address_state field and create your own custom field (which could have any values your want,s ot he same as you have now). By default you won't see your field in the address displayed on the invoices/emails, but you can change that by editing the files "address_template" via the menu Display->Views.

12 years 4 months ago #31890

I'm having the same problem.
www.mirocellars.com/component/hikashop/checkout.html

It was fine until I updated HikaShop from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 last night.

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by mollyf. Reason: added version update information

12 years 4 months ago #31922

I don't see any paypal payment method on your checkout and I can see your state dropdown. So none of the problems described here apply to you. Please explain your problem, because I didn't see any on your checkout.

12 years 4 months ago #31924

I guess the address_country field has to be published for the states to appear now. I set it to published, even though it's the only country available.

12 years 4 months ago #31939

Yes, the country field should be published. But you can easily hide it which just one CSS line that you can add in the front end CSS file of HikaShop via the Display tab of the configuration:

.hikashop_registration_address_country_line{ display: none;}

12 years 4 months ago #31942

Got it. Thank you.

10 years 6 months ago #125441

Thanks molly and nicolasf!

I had the same problem this morning, and couldn't find where it was coming from.

My solution was the same : reactivating the country selection, even though there is only one to select.

I just love this component! Great work and best support!

Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by den_el_vegano.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds