Shipping Address Selection Doesn't Show Up

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #30767

Joomla 1.7 and HS 1.5.3 Business.

Occassionally I've noticed that the Shipping Address selection does not show up in the checkout process (mostly in IE but I think it's a problem on all browsers). If I happen to click on one of the Billing Address radio buttons (even one currently selected), it will reload the page with the Shipping Address options available.

The problem with this is if a customer has only one Billing Address (or no reason to select another one), they won't get the option to select a Shipping Address and they'll checkout with a shipping cost of $0.00. Is there any fix for this?

This is my checkout sequence:

cart_login_address_shipping_confirm_coupon_payment_fields,end

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 4 months ago #30786

The shipping address selection will only show if the product is not virtual (it must have a weight for that). So the solution is simple. Just make sure that all your products have a weight.

12 years 4 months ago #31380

That works, especially if you set force shipping options on the backend. That's not really my problem though.

The problem is that the shipping will only show up if you select a billing radio address option and the page refreshes. If you place an order and the button is pre-selected, the shipping cost won't yet be added to the total. You can checkout without it added to the total at all. The only way to get past this is to click the radio button manually.

If a user is already logged in and only has one address, this is a problem. It's as though the the radio button is pre-selected, but not processed.

12 years 4 months ago #31402

You should make sure that the option "Auto select default shipping and payment methods" is turned on in your configuration and update to the latest version of HikaShop as previous versions had refresh problems with the shipping price on the cart of the checkout.

12 years 4 months ago #31408

That option is turned on.

What file from 1.5.4 needs to be patched to fix this issue in 1.5.3?

12 years 4 months ago #31428

For that issue it was in the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php

12 years 4 months ago #31497

Thanks again for the prompt reply!

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds