Multiple issues still happening

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #31231

Hello Nicolas, I sent an email but here are the issues as well:

1. When going to check out for the first time as a new user, the system messages says "No shipping address entered". I cannot seem to find where to change this exact wording. It is much too short and misleading for the average customer. It needs to say something like "Please enter your shipping details to continue the checkout process". Just saying "no shipping address entered" makes a customer have to think exactly what is being asked and wonder.

2. When I had it set to register new users (it is currently disabled), it redirects a user to a page that says they must click to confirm the email address to continue. This is very bad as it takes the person away from the checkout process! While I agree they do need to confirm this, it should not show this message until after the person finishes checking out. I am not sure how to deal with this as neither current option seems acceptable in the process. One is too little (it makes no username/password) and the other pulls a user out of buying.

2. For a new customer on a page to checkout, the shopping cart shows up on the right and at the bottom which is very confusing. If a new user needs to register first, there is no point to showing the cart in either place (if it must, then only the bottom). It takes away from the focus of the person checking out. It's too much for the average user to see. The only thing they should see is log in or register and then proceed. And after they register, the cart on the right still shows up and should go away. I have tried to disable this via the modules but I can’t seem to find where and why it is showing up to disable it.

3a. I have both USPS and UPS plugins running to auto generate shipping quotes. From a display perspective though, it would be nice to have USPS show up in one half of the top and UPS next to it, instead of both methods being on top of each other. It just created too much to look at and was overwhelming if you try to offer a good choice for shipping. Drawing a frame set around both with a header saying USPS Shipping Options and UPS shipping options would be a much better way to display this.

3b. USPS should also have First class mail as the very first option to shop up as it is always the cheapest. Right now it is the last. A user may miss this if they are going quickly.

3c. Also, BEFORE the user has entered shipping details, UPS seems to be displaying shipping quotes and only after they register, it then shows the USPS as well.

4. USPS shows an error if entering an extended zip code that is common in the U.S., like 92802-1843. There needs to be a field validation for the zip code to prevent this or USPS cannot process to provide a shipping quote and throws up error messages, bad for users to see!

5. Sales tax is definitely still NOT working. I have gone through and made 5 orders with 5 different CA addresses. 2 of these orders are logged into the system now for you to look at. This confirms the tax issue I tried to explain to you that you said was working but is not.

6. I am getting email issues when trying to send confirmations via the to more than 1 person. I have stripped it back to a single email for now but here was the error:

The following from address failed: sales@hotpicksusa.com,michael@hotpicksusa.com
SMTP server error: : malformed address: ,This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> may not follow

The help file said to separate emails with a comma, which I did, but it causes email instantiation errors.

7. When using a credit card to pay, once you enter the credit card information in and click next, it simply refreshes the page. As a customer I'm completely confused because there is no message explaining to me what is going on. Both carts are still showing up at this point, the screen looks the same, except the credit card details are embedded in the page. This couldn’t be more confusing... what is common at this point is a simplified page showing the final options the user has chosen and a final "Please confirm your order is correct and click next to check out" and a button to do so.

8. When I finally click next after paying with a credit card, it shows another screen briefly with no message and then takes me back to the home page. As a customer, I'm thinking... Did I actually purchase or did something go wrong?

~Michael

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 4 months ago #31267

Hi,

1. There should actually be no message displayed. That's a problem in the UPS shipping plugin. please remove the line:
$messages = 'No shipping address entered';
from the file plugins/hikashopshipping/ups.php and that will solve the problem.

2. If you just turn off the account confirmation option in joomla the users will still have to register but won't have to confirm their email address. I think that it's what you're looking for here.

2 bis. The cart module is displayed because in its menu assignments you set it to display on that page. What you should do is use the "force a menu on checkout" option in the Checkout tab of the config so that your checkout always use a specific menu that you can remove from your cart module assignments.

3a. You can change the display of the shipping methods selection to your liking by editing the file "shipping" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views.

3b. If you want to revert the order of display of the usps methods, you will need to add the line:
$rates = array_reverse($rates);
before the line:
foreach($rates as $rate){
in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/usps.php

3c. Indeed the usps shipping plugin will only display results once an address has been entered as this is necessary.

4. You need to change the line:
$parcel->Destination_Postcode = substr(trim($order->shipping_address->address_post_code),0,6);
to:
$parcel->Destination_Postcode = preg_replace('#[^0-9]#','', substr(trim($order->shipping_address->address_post_code),0,6));

in that same file to avoid such problems.

5. I tried again, and it's again working. I creating two orders ( B3K2 and B3L3 ) on your website. I didn't change any setting. I just changed my address from california to arizona on the second order. The first order got the tax, not the second, as expected. So I'm unable to see any problem and I don't see how you could get a different result here.
I don't know, please try with my user account... You'll see for your yourself. Maybe there is a problem with your user account ?

6. I changed the email addresses in the configuration for you. Again, it's working too. I didn't get any error on the checkout when the website sent the two order creation emails.

7. Well, you could change your checkout workflow (via the corresponding option in the configuration) so that the checkout displays in several steps with a recap at the end. That's totally possible. You just need to set it up the way you want it.

8. That's because in your paypal pro options, in the return URL you set the URL www.hotpicksusa.com/store.html so at the end of the checkout, it automatically redirects there. You should leave that field blank and it will stay on the last step and thank the user for his purchase.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 4 months ago #31268

Hi,

1. There should actually be no message displayed. That's a problem in the UPS shipping plugin. please remove the line:
$messages = 'No shipping address entered';
from the file plugins/hikashopshipping/ups.php and that will solve the problem.

2. If you just turn off the account confirmation option in joomla the users will still have to register but won't have to confirm their email address. I think that it's what you're looking for here.

2 bis. The cart module is displayed because in its menu assignments you set it to display on that page. What you should do is use the "force a menu on checkout" option in the Checkout tab of the config so that your checkout always use a specific menu that you can remove from your cart module assignments.

3a. You can change the display of the shipping methods selection to your liking by editing the file "shipping" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views.

3b. If you want to revert the order of display of the usps methods, you will need to add the line:
$rates = array_reverse($rates);
before the line:
foreach($rates as $rate){
in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/usps.php

3c. Indeed the usps shipping plugin will only display results once an address has been entered as this is necessary.

4. You need to change the line:
$parcel->Destination_Postcode = substr(trim($order->shipping_address->address_post_code),0,6);
to:
$parcel->Destination_Postcode = preg_replace('#[^0-9]#','', substr(trim($order->shipping_address->address_post_code),0,6));

in that same file to avoid such problems.

5. I tried again, and it's again working. I creating two orders ( B3K2 and B3L3 ) on your website. I didn't change any setting. I just changed my address from california to arizona on the second order. The first order got the tax, not the second, as expected. So I'm unable to see any problem and I don't see how you could get a different result here.
I don't know, please try with my user account... You'll see for your yourself. Maybe there is a problem with your user account ?

6. I changed the email addresses in the configuration for you. Again, it's working too. I didn't get any error on the checkout when the website sent the two order creation emails.

7. Well, you could change your checkout workflow (via the corresponding option in the configuration) so that the checkout displays in several steps with a recap at the end. That's totally possible. You just need to set it up the way you want it.

8. That's because in your paypal pro options, in the return URL you set the URL www.hotpicksusa.com/store.html so at the end of the checkout, it automatically redirects there. You should leave that field blank and it will stay on the last step and thank the user for his purchase.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds