Problem selecting UPS shipping method

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #33025

I have looked my problem over carefully, as well as searching the forums, and I haven't been able to find a solution. I find that if I select a new payment method and set it up with zones, etc, exactly like the others, I am able to use it after selecting UPS as my shipping option upon checkout. However, if I click inside the payment methods dropdown for selecting a shipping option, no matter what I select or de-select, I can never get it to accept UPS again, although all others work. Currently on my site the "credit card" method is the only one without a shipping method set up which is enabled. The rest all vanish when I select UPS. I have checked zones, and all shipping and payment methods have one zone, the same one, set, as well as one currency. The credit card method is the same in this respect. I would be happy to give you back-end access if you will tell me how to send you the information privately.

Thank you in advance! This is my first experience with a shopping cart, and I can see that you have done a good job, and support well. I plan to upgrade when possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 4 months ago #33053

That's a known issue. because the UPS plugin does not handle these restrictions.
Please download again HikaShop on our website and update it on your end and it should then work for UPS too.

12 years 4 months ago #33073

I downloaded the new version and used the Joomla installer to install it. I could see that changes were made in more options available in the selection box of the payment methods. However, the problem has not been fixed.

Several things I noted:

I selected all possible UPS options in the shipping methods menu. In the payment methods shipping selection box not all of the methods appeared. There were fewer available to select in the payment menu than there had been in the UPS menu.

I tried selecting all of them, and was still unable to make the shipment.

In the UPS menu I then selected the following methods, as applicable to me in the USA, but when I went into the payments menu to select my methods, things were different:

What I selected

What showed up in the payments selection box
* Next Day Air
Express CA
2nd Day Air
Express CA
* Ground
Ground
Wordwide Express
Express
Worldwide Expedited
Expedited
Standard
Standard
3 Day Select
3 Day Select
* Next Day Air Saver
Saver CA
* Next Day Air Early AM
Express Early AM
Worldwide Express Plus
Express Plus
* 2nd Day Air
2nd Day Air
Saver
Saver

On the front end, with a warehouse address in Oregon 97013 and a ship to address in Oregon 97469 only the selections with the asterisks next to them appeared as options. I tried all of them, with no success whatsoever. My custom shipping methods still work fine.

Thanks for working on this. I would like to know how those who are actively using this program for business work around this problem. It is very important for me to be able to use this feature or find a reliable work-around.

12 years 4 months ago #33082

No one work around this problem as this is a new option which didn't existed before. As I said earlier, the UPS plugin was not even capable to handle the option so far.

Could you give a link to your website so that we can see the problem ?

12 years 4 months ago #33095

Sure. www.bigmooseaero.com
I will be happy to give you back-end access if there is a way I can send the info to you privately.

12 years 4 months ago #33098

Just saw the PM link and sent you access.

12 years 4 months ago #33124

Thanks, we'll look at that tomorrow as it's getting late.

12 years 3 months ago #33225

Thank you so much! Something you did seems to have made it work, at least the way I'm using it. I'm glad I can move ahead now!

I only noticed one other thing, which you probably have a handle on now... I am unable to select USPS as a shipping method on my payment methods. (same as it had been for UPS)

Thank you thank you!

12 years 3 months ago #33226

Hi,

Indeed we fixed the UPS plugin on that.

The USPS plugin does not support that option.

But if you want to select all the shipping methods you want to use in there, you can just unselect everything... and the payment method will always be displayed.

12 years 3 months ago #33242

Thank you so much! I appreciate the good support!

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds