VAT Calculation Issue

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #33373

Hi

This may be remedied easily but may also be a bug so thought it deserved to go here.

I've been configuring the free version of Hika to demonstrate to a client and after reviewing the features list last night I will be recommending that he buy one of the paid versions. However, that aside, this issue will stop him using Hika all together.

We had big problems with Red's method of calculating shipping and VAT. In the UK you should show ALL VAT seperate, including that for the shipping and Hika appears to be adding the VAT onto the shipping. VAT is indeed a Value Added Service so is subject to VAT at normal rates.

I've attached a screen grab for your review...

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #33380

hello

i have the same problem as you can see from the attached image.

please advice.

thank you

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 3 months ago #33456

It's not a bug. It's just the way it is. In some places, have it with the VAT is mandatory, in some others, it's better without. So at one point we have to decide :)

In any cases, that can easily be changed by editing the file "cart" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views and changing the lines:
if(bccomp($taxes,0,5)==0){
echo $this->currencyHelper->format(@$this->shipping->shipping_price,$this->shipping->shipping_currency_id);
}else{
echo $this->currencyHelper->format(@$this->shipping->shipping_price_with_tax,$this->shipping->shipping_currency_id);
}

to:
echo $this->currencyHelper->format(@$this->shipping->shipping_price,$this->shipping->shipping_currency_id);

12 years 3 months ago #33472

hi

This is kind of similar to what I did with Red Shop.

I wrote some PHP that took the shipping value, removed the VAT and stored that in a variable.

Then I took the VAT and added this value so I had VAT including the shipping VAT.

I then had to take the total value and add this value to that also.

I guess from your post that I can do the same with Hika and then just save the file locally in case there's any later updates.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 3 months ago #33474

If you do the modification via the interface as I said, you won't loose your changes when you update HikaShop.

4 years 2 months ago #314789

I am confronting with the same consequences regarding the vat calculation.There are ample number of chances of mistakes will be arising while performing it as it is critical.I have opted out for the www.shuraatax.com/tax-residency-certification-assistance.html
who helped me out to get rid of this consequences. You can take this following advice and try out.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds