Internal Server Error when Clicking Next in Cart

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #34106

I have a Hikashop I was about to launch but now have an "Internal Server Error" displayed when I click on the "Next" button of the cart. I have not figured out what change I made is causing this error.

The server log shows two clues:

"PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 694,"

which I looked up:
function getFieldName($field){
return '<label for="'.$this->prefix.$field->field_namekey.$this->suffix.'">'.$this->trans($field->field_realname).'</label>';
}

"PHP Notice: Undefined property: ProductViewProduct::$rows in administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/variant.php on line 23,"

which I also looked up:
<input type="checkbox" name="toggle" value="" onclick="checkAll(<?php echo count($this->rows); ?>);" />

The last changes I was making was unpublishing all country zones except for the United States (only shipping to the US). I also tried adding a Characteristics but decided it would not do what I was thinking and did not finishing saving it.

Any ideas? I would really like to get the site up. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Hikashop -- must be an issue in the database someplace.

Thanks!

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by RMChad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #34145

Hi,

An "Internal Server Error" means that there was a problem but does not tell us from where the problem is coming.
Looking at the logs was a good idea as that's where you should have the error message (usually a fatal error).

Both notices are not relevant to your problem. The first one happens because of a small display issue on the back end in current release. The second happens because you clicked on "manage variants" for a product without characteristics in the back end so it's also not related to your problem.

So unfortunately, that doesn't help. You could try to activate the debug mode of the configuration of joomla and try again. That might give an error message as well.

12 years 3 months ago #34157

Thanks for the info. I turned error reporting on but I don't' see any errors displayed before the "Internal Server Error" page.

I think the fastest approach is to do a clean reinstall of HikaShop. What do I need to remove from the database and the file system to make this happen -- an uninstall of Hikashop was not sufficient.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #34166

Once you uninstall HikaShop, you need to delete the hikashop tables in your database via phpmyadmin. Then you can reinstall and you should have a clean install.

12 years 3 months ago #34170

Thank you -- that worked and I have reinstalled and new configuration is working.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds