USPS Giving a difffrent price than the USPS Plugin

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #53172

The USPS plug in is giving a diffrent shipping price than the USPS website, can anyone tell me why?

I have the following Test Shirt set up at 1 LB in a box that is 7x7x7 its says this item is 16.00 for Priority Mail when the USPS website says it cost $5.60 the second issue is that you can only see the USPS shipping if you log in or have registered and I cannot figure out why it does this also.

childrenstoystoystoys.com/index.php/comp...ldrens%20Toys/cid-54

Thanks you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #53252

Hi,

In order to calculate the shipping fees, USPS requires the destination address. Before registering, the user didn't enter his address. So of course, USPS cannot give any fees.

Regarding the fact that the prices are different, it can come from different things:
-> Did you test with the exact same addresses ?
-> Sometimes the costs offered by USPS may vary between different customers (of USPS). Again, they can be different from the default prices. So when you test on the USPS website, make sure that they are sending you your rates, not the rates everyone is getting by default.
-> There are other options to the USPS plugin like the "group package" option or the "include prices" option which could increase the shipping fees.
-> Check that the main weight unit (the first one) of the configuration is the same as the one you're using for your products and shipping method (check the dimension too).

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #53670

I am still having trouble with this. USPS is reporting diffrent (Cheaper Default Shipping) than the cart is generating. I know you guys give a 30 day money back with this cart but I would rather figure out the problem. Do you have a tech support number or Skype to solve issues like this?

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #53730

Speaking to us over the phone won't solve the problem.

If you want, we can check your configuration for you. For that, please provide a back end access to your website via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds