Shipping Calculations not working correctly

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 8 months ago #59755

Client sent me this message this morning about shipping on Childrenstoystoystoys.com

This morning I noticed the shipping calculations are not working properly for UPS or USPS when I was putting an order through for a customer. I checked my dimensions of item, weight, etc on several of my items to see if there is something wrong, and I have it all correct. I even tried changing the dimensions on some items to see and it didn't make a difference unless it was oversized dimensions.

For example:

If you add only 1 item to the cart and it's under 1 lb., the both shipping methods seem to calculate o.k. . The amount is a little off, but workable.

If you add only 1 item to the cart 1 lb or higher, you get the same results for both as listed above. The rates seem o.k.

However, if you add multiple items to the cart and each item weighs 15oz (whether you put 1 item in the cart or 10 weighing 15oz each), the USPS does not change the shipping rate. It should go slightly higher with each item added.

UPS changes the shipping rate on multiple items in the cart(like what I explained above), but UPS is not combinding weight on multiple items so the rate charge goes crazy crazy high with the more you add.

A customer ordered 4 wall border (each weighing 15oz ea), the USPS charge should of been $9.72, but the USPS quoted $6.30 whether I had 1 border in the cart or I had 4. I put up to 10 borders and the rate stayed the same.

UPS should of been $13.24 for these 4 items, and it listed $15.51 which was close. However if you started to add more items(especially weighing over 1 lb. ea) the UPS module is not combinding the freight and the freight ends up going extremely high. From what I've seen $15 to even upwards of $30 dollars more in rate charges than what it should be.

If this doesn't make sense, call me and I will show you. This may be a question for Nicolas cause something is wrong and it may be just a matter of clicking on something in the back end to correct or maybe a code within these 2 plugins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 8 months ago #59856

In the plugins options you have the "group package" option which can greatly change the results sent back by the shipping fees web service.
Also, make sure that you're using the latest versions of the plugins or that you use the same units everywhere( first unit of the configuration, unit of the products, unit in the shipping plugin options) as there was some problem with unit conversion in previous versions.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 8 months ago #59919

Hello,

Can you test it with the last version of the UPS plugin ?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds