Zones Modal Popup Hangs Up

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago #110127

Hello!
I am new to your software but not new to Joomla. I was checking out the free version planning on upgrading. There seems to be a serious problem with the zones/taxes when you try to change from default France. There appears to be 4 thousand countries that are trying to load in the modal popup. I am trying to select USA. When I get to the third tab looking for USA on the bottom it just hangs up. This is a fatal error and makes the site unusable because it also happens on checkout in the address box that pops up. It also hangs up. I am using Joomla3.1 responsive. Just like you are on this site. I included a file that shows the edit button. This is where the problems start. I also reinstalled and it happens on a default install.
Thanks David M

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 10 months ago #110182

Hi,

I just tried on my end and it's working fine.
You probably have another problem.

Do you have the latest version of HikaShop ?
Can you give us a link to your website ?

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago #110308

Hello!
Yes, this is a new starter edition from last week.
I placed a video on a fresh install of joomla 3.1 with protostar template and no other plugins/extensions and then recorded the error with Screenflow. I did nothing but create a menu item with hikashop address option for demonstration purposes. I published on youtube privately out of respect for your company. Just go to www.davidmcclureonline.com/hse and click on the video menu. You can reproduce the error by going to the Address Example menu, login with UN testuser and PW testuser, click on + sign and click on France pulldown and it freezes. The mistake happens on any field with country. eg field address_country. It just hangs up when you try to change from default France. I use Chrome on Mac. I just tried it in Firefox and it worked OK. A lot of people use chrome. I sure hope I can help resolve this. Could there be a javascript problem with chrome?
Thanks
PS Maybe I should create a donate to "Poor Dave Fund" button for $1.00 for all my efforts. Ha!

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by mccluredave1.

• Thank you received: 13100
10 years 10 months ago #110318

Hi,

I actually went on your website, watched the video and then tried the dropdown of the new address form and didn't had any problem selecting the country/state.

I guess that the problem is your browser. Looking at the video, it sounds like you're using a Mac. I tried on my end on your website with Safari, Chrome and Firefox with windows (I don't have a mac but a pc) and it worked fine each time.

Maybe it's a bug that wasn't yet fixed for Chrome for Mac. Do you have the latest available for Mac ?
I see that a similar bug was reported with Chrome 26: github.com/harvesthq/chosen/issues/1138
I have the current version of Chroms which is Chrome 27 so that could potentially explain why I don't have the issue and you do (however it was also working for me before updating chrome a few weeks ago).
So far no one else reported such issue and we have thousands of users using these chosen dropdowns for months now so I'm quite confident that the problem must be on your end, especially that it worked fine for me on your website with the same browser.

In any case, we have an option in the Display tab of the configuration, which is called "Use Chosen library", and which will deactivate the chosen library which displays the dropdowns nicely. So you can turn it off if you want and that should fix the problem for you.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds