[solved] activation link ok for EN & FR but not NL

• Thank you received: 12
10 years 10 months ago #110525

Hi,

The site has 3 languages (EN, FR and NL(Dutch))
When a user registers they get a mail with a link. When they click on the mail they activate their account and then the Admin get's a mail to fully activate this new user.

So this procedures works for EN and for FR. But for NL it doesn't seem to work and I get the following message but in Dutch. I just translated it here below so you can see what message:

There is no such account in our database or the account has already been activated.

I checked the activation code in the database and it's the same as in the dutch mail.

So I tried the following.
When I see the error in Dutch, I clicked on the EN flag to see what would happen and to my surprise I seem to work and I get the following message:

Your Account has been successfully activated.
An administrator will now have to validate the activation of your account.

I registered again a dummy user in Dutch and I when I click on the link I get the error page and this time I clicked on the French flag and it also works.

So basically when you change lang=nl to lang=en or lang=fr in the url it works. If you leave lang=nl it doesn't work.
What could be the problem?

Also when I register in English or French I get a mail with the link. When I copy the link and change the langstring to lang=nl it DOESN'T work.
When I change it back to lang=en or lang=fr it WORKS.

EDIT: the link looks like this:
index.php/nl/?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=activate&activation=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA&infos=BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB==&page=user&id=25&Itemid=546&lang=nl

Thanks.

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by SG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13099
10 years 10 months ago #110598

Hi,

And do you have the same issue with the standard registration form of Joomla ?
From the look of it it sounds like an issue with the way the languages are configured in Joomla.

Can you also try with the SEF turned off in your website ?

• Thank you received: 12
10 years 10 months ago #110630

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for getting back at me. I tried setting the SEO options off but didn't help.
I searched a bit further and when I turned on the error reporting and only in Dutch I got the following message:

Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in ...../libraries/joomla/methods.php on line 320

So then I knew that it would be probably something in my language file.
I copied the override section and pasted it in a text-editor and then emptied the override section of the language file and saved it.
When I registered a user, it worked so I went back and started pasting back pieces of strings in the override.

Now it seems to be working so I will mark this as solved!

Greets

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds