Bug in the comments form and address register fiel

• Thank you received: 5
10 years 10 months ago #110872

Hi Hika team,

I have noticed that whenever you use the apostrophe symbol or ' the comment fails and the message that is displayed is "an error has occurred". The comments in hikashop are called votes but i refer to them as comments.

For example if you post - this is svens comment - it will succeed.

However - this is sven's comment - fails.

You can test it for yourself at www.myfoodathome.nl . Just go to any product and try leave a comment with an apostrophe in it.

About the register field

This is more of a validation issue I believe. Since the address field is required I have been getting registrations with empty address fields as of late. I found out that if you just press space once the field validates as filled and registration will complete successfully. Since the field is specified as text in the back end I believe a space counts as a valid input, however practically it is still an empty field. More so you can complete the whole registration process just by typing spaces in all fields.

Is it possible to count space inputs as invalid field inputs?

Kind Regards,

Drago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 10 months ago #110987

Hi,

Regarding the simple quotes in a comment I just tried on your website and it's working fine.
I posted a comment on the product www.myfoodathome.nl/index.php/nl/ons-men...product/59-jambalaya
When posting the message was a thanks for post message.
Which browser are you using ?

For the registration fields, you will probably have to edit the file "components/com_hikashop/controllers/address.php" function "save()" and do a foreach on the variable $addressData and foreach Data do a trim() on it to remove the spaces before at the beginning of the string.

It require good PHP knowledges.

• Thank you received: 5
10 years 10 months ago #111010

Hi Xavier,

The prbolem occurs when I try it through google chrome and mobile safari. I guess it could be thorougout all webkit browsers. Try it through chrome and see that it will produce and error.

In firefox it works just fine as you noticed.

Kind Regards,

Drago

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 10 months ago #111048

Hi,

Thanks for the report, we have fixed it on our end and it will be available in the next release which should arrive soon.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds