Troubles with the minicart

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 1 month ago #95660

Hi! Good Morning / Evenning

Since few days ago, i have some troubles with the minicart. When a client click the button add to cart in the product page, the minicart doesnt add the product, until you change of page or click on F5

Some times, the minicart show all the transaction, instead of just the total of the items as i had configurated. But when you change page or refresh, the minicart returns to normal.

Could any body help me? Thank you!

Here is my site so you can make some testing:

viernezotravez.com

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #95668

also when you press F5 or change the page, the minicart says undefined

See the image

i just installed the recent upgrade of essential, but this behavior started two days ago

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by melisari. Reason: forgot to say something

11 years 1 month ago #95670

Another one! Everytime i go to paypal, cancel and return to the website, the system took one item of the shopping cart!

Forgot to mention that i already check the cache turn off everywhere on the site.

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by melisari. Reason: forgot to say something

11 years 1 month ago #95730

More troubles... Now some products just dont add to the cart :( I dont know what is happenning, 3 days ago everything was fine :(

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 month ago #95804

Hi,

Since 3 days, have you changed anything in HikaShop ?
Have you edited, any view ? Like "product / cart" ?

11 years 1 month ago #95848

I upgraded to the last version of essential.

I always make a backup before an upgrade of any component, so when i saw all this problems, i decided to restore the shop to the way it was before. But i already had troubles then, the cart was to slow and i remember thinking that the upgrade would fix that, but it was all the opposite.

So... i dont have a clue of what could happen. I have another shop that suddenly lost all the info of hikashop, but the client was using it and probably it was his fault... i guess.

Anyway... I can upload a version of the store for making tests about what happened with the upgrade, so we can discover what went wrong, because i guess i would need to upgrade eventually, right?

11 years 1 month ago #95890

hope someone can help me with this, my client is angry and so i am. I already made a lot of testing and erasing and upgrading and not-upgrading, and nothing seems to solve the problem.

11 years 1 month ago #96012

I just tried a little you mini cart, and it seems to be working fine.
If it's not the case, can you try to create a new module for the mini cart.

And if it still doesn't work could you give us a backend access, and tell us in which case it doesnt work.

11 years 1 month ago #96034

Of course, thank you so much for the response. Let me explain, my client is very picky, he likes the way the page look right now, I worked hard for days in the design, specially trying to change the desing of the minicart. Nothing worked. I search in the forum so maybe someone else wanted to change the look of the minicart, and the few topics that i found couldnt help me. Then i found a topic when someone could change the design by using the "module into an article" module. Thanks for that, i could acomplish the desing that my client wanted.

Everything went fine for a while, until a week ago. My client started to say that the minicart was doing something strange; when you ad product to the minicart, for a second or less, you will see the detail of the transaction, instead of just a quick number changing up (see the image minicart1 to know what i mean).

When i first set up the minicart, the detail transaction never showed up. So, i didnt know why suddenly things began to change.

I did my own research of this matter, making tests and so, and what i could come up with, is that this behavior is provocated by the usage of the "module into an article" module. I put the minicart alone, and it worked just fine. But that leave me in the same point of the beggining, i dont know how to change the design of the minicart.

In the other hand, i strongly recommend to check the last upgrade of hikashop essential, because when i upgraded, hopping to solve the "minicart detail of transaction" problem, the upgrade provocate errors, some of them very disturbing, for example, when you go to paypal and cancel the transaction, one item is taken out of the cart. Another bug that i found: when you add a product to the cart, it tooks too long, 10 or 15 seconds to show up in the cart. And of course, the "minicart detail of transaction" problem was still there, but worse, combine with a super-slow response.

If you would like to help me (please, please, do so, my client is driving me crazy because of this), there are two options:

1 Little help for changing the design of the minicart (adding an icon, blue font bold of 12 points, float left with a little padding so it would be in line with the rest of the web design)

2 Using the moduleintoarticle, but without the "minicart detail of transaction" behavior.

Please let me know if this is too much work, i will be happy to pay for the effort of course.

Attachments:

11 years 1 month ago #96104

To change the design of the minicart, you have to edit the view "product / cart" and insisde this view you can set everything as you want.
Instead of using the "module into an article" you can create a position in your template. This should remove your problem caused by "module into an article".

11 years 1 month ago #96107

i opened the view product cart, but its kind of dificult to know how to set everything. I just dont even know where to start.

Please, if you could guide me, please...

11 years 1 month ago #96113

What i need is just blue bold font, float right (dont know how you set that in php) and the icon above :(

11 years 1 month ago #96142

The changes needs to be made in the part between the if condition:

if($this->params->get('small_cart')){
You can move the elements as wanted, see the different classes used and add/change css classes in the frontend default css file. (config > display > css)

The following user(s) said Thank You: melisari

11 years 1 month ago #96148

Dear Xavier, thank you so much for your patient, i followed your instructions (the other topic of the css) and i did it! Its almost the same as it was with the moduleintoarticle. I just need i final thing, hope you can tell me how. I need that the title of the minicart module could be a link to the checkout, could that be possible? Thank you so much in advance!

11 years 4 weeks ago #96311

Hi,

Yes it's possible. And it should already be the case, thanks to the code:

<a class="hikashop_small_cart_checkout_link" href="<?php echo hikashop_completeLink('checkout'.$url_itemid); ?>">

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 weeks ago #96330

<a class="hikashop_small_cart_checkout_link" href="<?php echo hikashop_completeLink('checkout'.$url_itemid); ?>">

Exactly this line what I wanted to report. Maybe I'm wrong but this line working only when I'm in cart module. If I use wishlist module (as small-cart) will not working correctly because I will see my cart instead of my wishlist (when I click to that link). If I disable small-cart I'll see a button, and that button will take me to my wishlist. So maybe an if/else missing?

Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by sharq.

11 years 4 weeks ago #96540

Hi,

There is already an if / else depending on if it's a cart or a wishlist.
If you don't see the check, that's maybe because you had an override.

11 years 4 weeks ago #96575

Well, I have a virgin install (Joomla 3.0.3, Hikashop Business 2.1.0) (I dont upgraded 2.1.1 yet)
If I use wishlistist as default, everything working fine. The link on the button take me here:
http://.../index.php/component/hikashop/cart/showcart/cart_id-1/cart_type-wishlist?Itemid=
If I enable mini cart I see a link "TOTAL" which take me here
http://.../index.php/component/hikashop/checkout?Itemid=

Only thing what I can imagine is that maybe I need to declare some new menu item for wishlist, and maybe will working? I didn't tried yet, but not working by default. Do you have any suggestion?

11 years 4 weeks ago #96655

I have one suggestion, upgrade to 2.1.1 ;) This correction has been made only in the new version.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sharq

11 years 4 weeks ago #96711

That's fine! Thanks for your help! ;)

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds